Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Default Just checking in

I'm still alive!!!!!I have been slamed with work, kids and chasing deer in my free time.... Glad to see some post still comming from the Clinch. You boys keep after them and save some for me hahaha!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 PM

I am done with the fishing until March, so I will be quiet now for a while. Dang deer first, then grouse, then Turkeys. Rods are up, waders dry, and time to let some blood spill. This pacifist role I play during the summer is pushed aside for now.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:48 AM

I'll send you postcards from our mighty frigid tailwaters just be sure to holler at me when the deer steaks are ready.

My Blog: Fly Fish East Tennessee
www.flyfisheasttennessee.blogspot.com

><>
Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Rodney,

Made it out to my usual area yesterday, and had a terribly slow day. Caught one shortly after arriving, and then had a goose egg for the rest of the morning. About an hour after starting, I had two pickup trucks pull up and 7 guys piled out. All of them had spinning rods and no waders on. They proceeded to fan out all over the river and fishing for probably an hour when I heard one of them yell, "I'm getting out of here." They all went back to the truck and left, and I never saw one of them land anything. Talked to one other flyfisherman and he had a similar morning to me.

Wonder if the lake has turned over, as I got a water temp of 57 degrees. Which seems warmer than it should be right now considering the cool nights we have had.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 10-10-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
I am done with the fishing until March, so I will be quiet now for a while. Dang deer first, then grouse, then Turkeys. Rods are up, waders dry, and time to let some blood spill. This pacifist role I play during the summer is pushed aside for now.
You know it is not good for rods to stay put away too long. Dry rot is a big problem. Yeah, dry rot that's it! I can take them out for you to make sure that they are in good working order come March.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 10-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Wonder if the lake has turned over, as I got a water temp of 57 degrees. Which seems warmer than it should be right now considering the cool nights we have had.
I had a temp. reading of 53 Degrees below CWF this morning at 8am. The fish were very lethargic until the sun came up... Also, the barometric pressure has been high the past few days; I consider that not good for fish activity. Oddly enough; most of the fish I took this morning were on a dry fly!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 PM

they were hitting the drys.... unfortunately i only had one(the rest were in my smokys fly box) and lost it....proceed to catch 3 on a copper john (one was a gut hook?) but over all very slow
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 PM

Fished the Clinch about 3 hrs this afternoon. Caught a few, but overall, a very slow day for me.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Red face

Rodney and Wolf --- don't forget (whatever you do!) your safety belt ... I forgot to take mine in the late 80's and took about an 18' fall. That's why I have hip and knee problems today, and I'm lucky it was not more serious. And, that's why I fish and golf in the fall instead of chasing Bambi!