Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Default Tellico Plains area

Hello all,
We are heading to Tellico Plains for a few days of R&R via fly rod. Has anyone fished it recently? My guess for the wild fish would be Orange and/or Yellow attractor patterns for this time of year. Does this sound right to anyone that fishes that area? Of course basic nymph patterns, Just wanted to see if anybody had any recent reports from the area. Any info greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

-Mag

Buzz'd Fly Fishing
Old 09-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglite View Post
Hello all,
We are heading to Tellico Plains for a few days of R&R via fly rod. Has anyone fished it recently? My guess for the wild fish would be Orange and/or Yellow attractor patterns for this time of year. Does this sound right to anyone that fishes that area? Of course basic nymph patterns, Just wanted to see if anybody had any recent reports from the area. Any info greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

-Mag
Couldn't tell you a thing about the Tellico River itself, but I've done pretty well on other area freestone streams with nymphs (Tellico, BHPT, & Golden Stones). Not much dry fly action in the lower elevations. Feel free to email me. Cody_Edrington at yahoo dot com.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Ant patterns have worked well for me. Dry or drowned. Fish them behind other terrestrials.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Elk hair caddis and Adams (minus the wings) always have been good for me. Try some of the feeder streams for brookies. Good fishing and let us know how things turned out.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Default Watch out for hunters

Just be aware that the Tellico District of the Cherokee National Forest is a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and does allow hunting this time of year. You should probably check the hunting schedule at http://www.state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/wmaseasons.pdf so that you can plan accordingly. I think this coming weekend is open for bear and wild hog hunting with guns and dogs. I'm not saying you shouldn't go fishing then, just know that there will be a lot of other activity going on in the area and be prepared.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM

Just got back from there and had a fantastic time. Mostly fall stimis. Lots of activity with the hunters and dogs, so not very peaceful.