Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM

Smile 1928 & 1942 SMHC Maps

I'm sorry it took me so long to get these posted. I had tried to post them several ways, all of which wouldn't give you a full resolution image. I finally broke down and built a personal website and posted them myself. Now you to can enjoy them (free of charge, or course)

I want to give a big thanks to my fishing bud who has now given me these maps and old Smoky Mountain Hiking Club guides. They have filled me with more information than any other source I have delved into in my last 20 years of exploring the park.

The 1928 Map shows the old hotels which there were a ton of. It was drawn in 1927

The 1942 Map shows many trails that are no longer in existance. A great resource for the off trail traveler. Cool to see the old road that is now under Fontana, and this is where I first learned that Hazel & Eagle weren't always in the park.

Please take a look and give me some feedback as there are a ton of details in these maps.

Enjoy

http://www.duckypaddler.com/maps-page.html

James