Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-19-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Fall Fishing on the Holston?

I have heard negative things about trout fishing the holston during the summer months. I'm curious if the river still holds trout during October forward. Someone once told me the fishing doesn't pick up again until early spring and ends mid summer. i found that hard to believe but I was just wondering, I'm not familiar with this river at all. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytopwoolybugger View Post
I have heard negative things about trout fishing the holston during the summer months. I'm curious if the river still holds trout during October forward. Someone once told me the fishing doesn't pick up again until early spring and ends mid summer. i found that hard to believe but I was just wondering, I'm not familiar with this river at all. Thanks.
The only time I fish the Holston is in the Winter! I like it in December through February. Other than that; I never fish it in warmer months.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytopwoolybugger View Post
The TWRA website says they generally stock the Holston Nov-April. I have fished in Jan. and the fish were actively feeding on midges. I may try it a little earlier this year. One great thing about fishing the Holston in winter is the crowds are minimal. As Shawn says, winter is a nice time to fish the Holston.

Neal