Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 PM

Default looking for a nice cabin....any suggestions??

Hey guys,

The wife and I went on a quick 2 day trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway to check out all the fall leaves this weekend. Had a great trip just cruising around with our two dogs taking photos and visiting new places. Any who, on our way back we realize that we don't really have any plans for christmas and were thinking that it might be nice to rent a mountain cabin with a couple of our friend for christmas.

Here is what we're looking for, if you have any suggestions that would be wonderful.

Location: Really anywhere that is within 8hrs driving distance of Chattanooga. Would love it it has a little snow since we get so little of that here in Chattanooga. Really not interested in the Gatlinburg area just cause we've done that a couple times now.

The Cabin: Need something that would sleep 2-5 people (not sure who might show up). Needs to have a full kitchen. Would like to have hot tub. And since this trip will include my wife and probably my buddies' wife we need something that is a bit on the fancier side. Doesn't have to be a 5 star resort or anything but something pretty nice. Now this isn't suppose to be a fishing trip but is there is a trout river nearby I won't complain : )

I appreciate the help guys. I've only lived here for a few years so there are still plenty of really cool areas that I yet to visit yet. I figured some of you may have found a cabin that you want to share or know where I can find some nice cabins.

If you prefer to email me ( I don't think I have had enough post to receive PM's yet) my email address is jcrowder2020@gmail.com

thanks again everyone,

josh
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Default Roan Mountain State Park

Foureyes,
I suggest you look at this area for proximity to excellent trout fishing:
http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/...x.shtml#cabins .
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM

foureyes-

Beside Shawn's suggestion, you might look at Bed & Breakfasts in East Tennessee, some of which have detached cabins & cottages.. Several months ago, my wife & I stayed at Hearthstone B&B on Cherokee Lake to fish the Holston River. Here is the link: http://www.hearthstonebb.com/index.html

Also, here is the link to search for B&B's across the US:
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/

My wife & I both travel extensively for business, and we get burned out on the chain hotels, thats why we usually try to find a B&B. They are usually unique, offer a lot of amenities, they're quiet, and the breakfasts are great. After a day of fishing, we get cleaned up and then explore some of the local restaurants for dinner & drinks.

Bill

Last edited by kentuckytroutbum; 11-02-2010 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM

Get a Tennessee vacation guide, 615-741-2159. Or you can get the guide at any rest area. I tried to make a link but it kept going back to LRO homepage. Guide has motels, B & B, campgrounds, cabin rentals, etc. Great info for the state of Tennessee.

www.tnvacation.com It works!!!!!! Enjoy your stay in Tennessee!