Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Why We Fly Fish

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 PM

Default A link to alot of "Why we Fish" type stuff...

Over the last few weeks I've jumped head-first into the world of blogging. Yes, I know I'm a few years behind. Well, anyway - as I began looking around the internet I found lots of great trout fishing and fly fishing blogs. Moldy Chum, Tar Heel Fly Fishing(local), Trout Underground, Troutrageous, The Trout Zone(local), etc. and then I found the mother-load of link dumps on a brand new website that has a loooooooong list of blogs about fly fishing and other outdoor sports.

It's called " Outdoor Bloggers Network" and if you enjoy reading about average people fishing and catching average( and way above average) fish, you'll like the lists of blogs there. Some are commercial and others are (sometimes very)personal blogs of trout bums from around the country and around the world. As much as I like the message board format, I think that the online world is moving faster and faster toward blogging and Facebook type social media sites.
Forums are a long way from being obsolete and of course there will probably always be a place for them in one capacity or another...but if you'd like to see the future of online fishing information(perhaps) you owe it to yourself to add the Outdoor Bloggers Network to your favorites list.

Here's the link: http://www.outdoorbloggernetwork.com/

Enjoy!

[EDIT]: I forgot to say that if you have a blog, it's a fairly easy review process to get your blog into the network and the owners are great folks. Also, if you have a personal fishing blog, as long as it's ok with LRO it'd be cool to have a list of all the LRO members' blogs!

Last edited by Owl; 11-17-2010 at 11:20 PM..
Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 AM

I checked out your blog Owl and have enjoyed it. Thanks for that link too. I have often wondered where the blog vs. forum things will land. I am a member of this blog site http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/ and anyone can go on there and create a blog post. The problem is people just can't easily go and talk about random small things because creating a blog post feels like it must be something of importance. This blocks off some of the small nonsense but interesting topics that are freely brought up on message boards or forums. I feel like blogs are an article or organized discussion and message boards are more free for all type chats. Not sure if they two are really competitors but instead are kind of polar opposites maybe in my opinion.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 11-21-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
I feel like blogs are an article or organized discussion and message boards are more free for all type chats. .

Thanks Crockett. I appreciate it. I think it's OBN is an awesome concept.

As for the quote above, I think you're right - and I think of a blog as more of a platform for sharing what an individual thinks is important, funny or interesting and a message board is more about what lots of folks find interesting. A blog is like your backyard BBQ, and a forum more like a flea market. Minus the dusty trinkets and rusty farm tools.