Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 PM

Default Derby City Fly Fishers Show

Last edited by Randy Ratliff; 01-27-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 AM

In case you don't like to click links the show is happening tomorrow February 26th, 2011 - 9am to 5pm
Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Admission is $7.

Bill
Old 02-27-2011, 06:22 PM

I enjoyed the show a lot. Got a chance to talk briefly with Bob Clouser which was a thrill. Also got a chance to finally meet and talk with Ian and Charity. I enjoyed myself even if I was late getting there.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky Tim View Post
I enjoyed the show a lot. Got a chance to talk briefly with Bob Clouser which was a thrill. Also got a chance to finally meet and talk with Ian and Charity. I enjoyed myself even if I was late getting there.
Ky Tim-

Yes it was a good show. I saw Clouser's casting demo, and his seminar on smallmouths. It was well worth the admission price. He does have a great sense of humor. Ian & Charity's seminar on E Tn tailwaters was informative also.

I was impressed by all of the tying materials that were available at the show also. Put a hurt on my MasterCard. Oh well.

Bill
Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Bill I was running late and when I arrived Ian was in the middle of a seminar. I didn't go listen because I wasn't sure how much I missed, instead and stood around talking to a friend at his booth. After Ian got done I went to his booth and talked to him about various things, including smallmouth streams in the area. I am also trying to budget in the funds to attend their Hazel Creek camp this fall.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:15 PM

KyTim-

Ian's & Charity's seminar was what I would call "general" about E. TN waters. That's not meant as a diss on them, but more in generalities than specifics. What was fun was watching & listening the two of them bantering back & forth. Sounded like they have a great rivalry (good natured of course) on who catches the best fish of the day.

Earlier, I was talking with Ian and told him that his E. TN. Blueribbon trout book was a real asset to me when I started fishing the tailwaters. What was really helpful was his detailed maps of the waters, with access points, boat ramps, and best spots to fish. And his recommendations on techniques and flies was a help also.

Bill