Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Lightbulb Clinch River - Spring Midge

Here is a very simple and very effective Spring Midge for the tourist/stocker areas on the Clinch. You will need to Xink the tippet & midge for most situations or you can use it as a secondary nymph.

This picture was taken with the fly in a layer of water to illustrate its profile.

to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 03-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: PS
Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Nice looking fly...do you have any idea when the clinch is gonna stop generating 2+. I'm on spring break and had planned on fishing the clinch ALOT
Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer3393 View Post
Nice looking fly...do you have any idea when the clinch is gonna stop generating 2+. I'm on spring break and had planned on fishing the clinch ALOT
It does not look promising for the next week through next weekend. You may want to try and hit the mtns or a few other tail waters that are not at high water. I expect this generation schedule to run high until about mid-next week. It is sluicing right now; but, that could get dialed down by the end of the week to just 2 generators.

*Pack a tent and some viddles and hit a few freestone streams in W.VA, VA., N.C. They will be moving fast after this rain; but, you should get some decent water after a day of drainage.

**Another idea would be to hit a few of the park lakes and throw some poppers/bass flies. It would be a good time and it expand your fishing chances. Cove Lake has some killer Largemouth Bass and they love poppers. The boats rent cheap if you do not mind rowing. Call ahead to see if it is stained from runoff before making the trip.

***You are welcome to take my aluminum river boat out on Norris if you want to stop by and pick it up. I am sure you could snag some nice bass and get plenty of blue gill action.

If I were you; I would forget fishing and be down at Panama City chasing the ladies.

SM

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 03-05-2011 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: Another idea...
Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Thanks, I think 'im gonna call up a friend and hit up some of the DH streams in North Carolina. Especially the Davidson.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 PM

Great looking fly Shawn
Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer3393 View Post
Thanks, I think 'im gonna call up a friend and hit up some of the DH streams in North Carolina. Especially the Davidson.
Good for you bud...If you want to borrow the boat; give me a shout and I will have it ready for you...1 7/8" ball-I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbreedi1 View Post
Great looking fly Shawn
Thanks, it kills them at Miller's Island...You could probably catch two at a time on a double rig....

Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 PM

How about a recipe (unless I missed it)... What size hook? Is that black thread over red thread?