Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-13-2011, 11:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spotlight
Default Little River Rolling

Just an update for those who are thinking the water is to high to fish. I am going to have to say it's not that bad I fished Little River today and yesterday and caught fish on dry's both days. The funny thing is that the fish were at the edge of the drops? waterfalls? not sure what this area of water is called? out of the few fish I caught only one was in pocket water. The others were caught as the fly went over the drops.

Had I been using a weighted nymph off the dry I probably would have done better. not matter what I was just glad to get out backpacking and finally see some nice weather. I seen what looked like blue quills hatching I caught the fish on a 14 Adams my go to fly.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 AM

Spotlight,

Glad you were able to catch a few trouts. Looking forward to taking a few days a week off later this week and heading to the Smokies. Things look pretty promising as far as the weather, especially if we don't get too much rain today and tomorrow.

Neal
Old 03-14-2011, 08:02 AM

Kevin,

I guess that would be the lip? (I can't ever remember with these things). Interesting that they are there in this weather/temps. Man I wish I lived as close to the park as you guys!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 AM

Smile

While I didn't fish this weekend I did paddle both days. Sat we went to Greenbrier and paddled the Middle Prong. Bugs hatching in every eddy, and all the signs of Spring around you. Leter that afternoon we headed over to Big Laurel into the FB in Hot Springs. Lots of bugs hatching there to and lots of people fishing & catching bass. Sunday I paddled Tremont and along with the small grayish flys (maybe really small BWO's but probably not, could use some help with this one) I had seen everywhere, I saw what were defnitely some larger BWO's as well as several Quill Gordons. I don't know if someone saw my car and was kind enough to leave me a present where we took out our boats, or just accidently left me some flies, but I would like to thank you. I paddled into the eddy to take out and I said to one of my paddling buddies (another fly fisherman) I can't believe a fly fisher left some trash (typically only see spin fish stuff minus the flies that stck in the trees). As I went to go pick up the 3 oz plastic remekin I noticed it had 4 nymphs in it. Nice find, present, or whatever you want to call it. If it's yours please let me know and I even ship them back to you.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM

How do you get to and where is that part of the french? i would be comming from knoxville. I have ben dieing to catch some smallies.