Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM

Default Muddy Clinch

Went to the Clinch today (sat.). 61 Bridge. Got there at 9:30 when the water should be just about right. Looked like a rolling chocolate milkshake. Stayed til after 10:00 and no drop at all in the water level.
I've fished muddy water on the Clinch before with limited success but this time there was too much water coming in from tribs' keeping it unwadeable. That's ok though, I was going to fish a Zoo Cougar on full-sinking line and that's too much work anyway.
Still bemoaning the Little Senator's closing.

4X
Old 04-16-2011, 12:10 PM

Must of just missed ya, cause I was there around 9. I agree to muddy and nasty for me as well.

As for the little senator, man I cut my teeth on that place being born and raised in Norris. that was my mom's first job when she was in high school way back when. I'm gonna miss it for sure.

Another good lunch spot is the valley quick pac. Turn on the road like going to the boat ramp at 61 but insted of turning right make a left its down on the corner! That's somme lip smacking food there as well.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM

Yeah, I heard about that place. Shoulda stopped today.
When I was pulling in the jail I saw a car leaving with some rigged rods in it. Beige?
Anyway, you know where I'm headed when the stars align. So, stay out of my hole!

See you up there Rod,
4X
Old 04-16-2011, 02:50 PM

Naww I drive a blue 4 door dodge truck. Haha you can have that hole man there's plenty of trout above it. I had a **** deer run right threw that hole two weeks ago. It was the ****edest thing I have ever seen
Old 04-16-2011, 09:05 PM

Well......

A couple buddies, one in town from CO, wanted to hit the Clinch tomorrow. I know it is probably best for us to not even bother going, but I can't help but be tempted to swing some big meat in hopes of getting a big brown to chase.

Decisions, decisions.....

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 04-16-2011, 09:16 PM

Travis
I know you enjoy fishing down low the same as I do. But I'm heading up towards millers island, been catching some nice ones up there here latly. If I was taking someone I would be up above the two creeks in clear water. Just my two cents man not telling you what to do or where to fish.