Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 PM

Default $330 Rod and Reel Give-Away

Uuuugh. I almost didn't post this here, but I think some of you might be interested in winning a rod and reel, no? You guys fly fish, right? This is a "gear" forum, right?

If you think this is spamming, just click away from it and move on. No need to make a big deal out of it, unless you just absolutely can't help yourself. LOL

For the rest of you that might want to check it out - we're playing a little game wherein you earn points for various tasks - some "virtual" and some "real world." Some silly, some not. But alas, I can't post up the entire process here on one thread, so forgive me for telling you that it's on my site at www.owljones.com. The reason this contest is especially relevant is that there is a major point award for getting someone famous to participate in a very minor way. Someone many of you might see very soon at one of those....what do they call it....Troutfest, things. There is a chance that sucessfully completing just that one task could win the rod and reel. ( and a hat and a decal, too btw)

If you have questions you can email me at owl@owljones.com or contact me through my site. I put this in gear because, well,....it's gear and because I'm trying not to rile anyone up. This is not a brand that LRO sells, but Paula if you have a problem with this post just delete it. No harm, no foul.

Have a great week and weekend ya'll...it's going to be a really nice one...
Old 05-03-2011, 05:42 PM

Well, the contest is almost over and we've got three anglers dukin' it out for the prize. It's producing some pretty funny and/or amazingly desperate vidoes and other things though as they try to complete tasks in order to gain enough points to be the winner. This video by "Leaky Waders" is pretty desperate/funny/determined:

http://youtu.be/J5Lc9TnJz6E