Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Default Turtle Soup

While being guided by board member Troutman last month in search of my first smallmouth bass and slip sliding along the river bank Gary pointed out a turtle along the edge. I wasn't even sure if it was a snapping turtle but next thing I knew Gary said "Let me show you what my Dad used to do" and with that he stepped on the turtle's back and snatched it up by its tail....I was duly impressed...both with Gary's dexterity and the size of that turtle. Gary practiced "snatch" and release and came away with all his fingers and toes.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Wow thats crazy! Gary, you aren't from Kentucky are you? Related to this guy maybe?

http://youtu.be/Gn8EQ0azXpQ
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 AM

Hey ,we all do crazy/stupid things sometimes don't we! What Rog1 failed to tell you about was when I grabbed ahold of the tail and jerked him it up out of the water, I lost my footing on the edge of the muddy bank and did a moonwalk/riverdance and landed on my butt in the water! I held onto the turtle, keeping it outstretched away from me. I'm sure JIm was thinking this guy is NUTS!