Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM

Default Non-resident Clinch report

Came down from Cincinnati this past weekend w/ buddy of mine to fish the Clinch. I generally check this board to see how it may be fishing and just basic fly recipes that may be working. We fished both Millers Island and the 'Church', as far as what the generation dictated.. so, that being said, we did really well at Miller's but not so much at the Church. Each morning into the afternoon at Miller's we both lost count (a good thing) of trout we'd caught and lost.. anywhere in the 10-17inch range w/ mostly rainbow and some browns. All of our luck came from various PT patterns from sz16/18's, and there was a sporadic sulphur emergence that stayed somewhat steady during higher sunlight. For some reason the Church was much slower and we both did poorly there. All in all i'd like to thank those people on this board who post reports on Tn streams, because it helps us yanks who have to travel to your great state to fish.. i think Shawn(Madisonboats) was one?

Also i have a small vid on youtube i made, a little goofy, but tried to get some underwater shots. http://www.youtube.com/user/pacofly13?feature=mhee
thanks~Matt
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Glad to see you guys got into some fish..Thanks for sharing the video!