Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 PM

Default Tennessee side first

The weather this past weekend was so cool and nice, that I had to get out and get some fishing in. I'm glad I did with temps in the upper 90's for the rest of the week. I started with one of my favorite NC streams, but it was completely blown out when I got there. With a half hour wasted, I decided to fish one of the main streams on the NC side. I was using a yellow never sink and hooked and lost one fish and then picked up a coulpe of little browns. This stream always gets the better of me and everyone tells me how good the fishing is, but not for me. I decided to cut my losses and do something I've never done...go to the Tennessee side!

I didn't know where I was going and I forgot my map. But, I just drove around and stopped here and there and fished. The water was crystal clear and there were a few sulphurs hatching. The fish were moving to a yellow EHC though and I ended up catching 8 or 9 fish including some gorgeous brook trout and caught the slam. I may have been fishing the wrong side all these years . The TN streams saved my day and I'll definitely be back.

Here are some pics on my blog. http://bitly.com/qUgqGW
Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 PM

The ageless children's song set to the tune of "He's a Jolly Good Fellow," includes the lyics "...The bear went over the mountain, to see what he could see...and all that he could see...Was the other side of the mountain,..." I'm happy you got to see and catch trout, a slam in fact. You are obviously smarter than the average bear. Keep coming back.

BTW nice blog.

JF