Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM

Default Activewear: Bear Grylls Survivor Trousers

I wanted to report on a new pair of active outdoor pants I just bought. For a couple years now I have been wearing Columbia convertible pants that are 100% nylon. They were a decent pair of pants, and the convertible function was a plus. However, for strictly use as pants I thought they were a little lacking. Not to mention the nylon fabric started for fray in places shortly after purchase.

Recently while out wasting some time with my son, I decided to look for a pair of replacement pants. While at Gander Mtn I found a pair of Marmot, North Face, and Craghoppers Bear Grylls pants. I tried them all on, and was completely blown away by the quality and comfort of the Craghoppers pants. Unfortunately the store did not have them in my desired length, so I went home and did some research on the pants. I discovered that they are a British brand, and are considered by many to be the industry leader in quality outdoor apparel. However, their presence in the US is very limited, but I believe this new line of clothing is going to change that.

What I liked most about these pants was the overall comfort and quality. The waistband is double thick, and they are designed to be worn above the hips. So, they are very secure around your waist, and do not slide down like the Columbia pants I had. All of the buttons are not sewn on, but have actual material looped through them for extra durability. The belt loops are double loops so that if one breaks, you still have another one available. The thigh, knee, and ankle area is an elastic blend that moves with you instead of just pulling tight and hindering movement. Pockets are everywhere in these pants, and it even comes with a built in waterproof roll top bag sewn into one of the pockets. Finally cuffs are a triple thick boot cuff material that reduces wear. I am sold on these pants. I wore them all day yesterday after I got them, and am already thinking about buying another pair. I plan to do a video review and put it on the blog sometime this week.

It turned out to be a good thing that Gander Mtn didn't have my size. I called everywhere else in Knoxville to find a pair, but nobody else carries them. So, I looked online, and found a pair for 45% off and free shipping. If you are in the market for a new pair of active outdoor pants, try to find a pair of these pants and give them a try.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler