Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-19-2011, 06:30 AM

never mind. we are stopping by LRO on the way out this morning. we even got a little rain last night up there, i hope for stained water and tight lines. holler at yall when i get back, hopefully some cool pics too!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:56 PM

it was a lot of work getting there but it was worth every drop of sweat. we paddled canoes in and hiked up to campsite 96. tried yellow stims but no luck on fri evening. i caught quite a few the next morning from campsite 97 down to 96, the first one being my first brookie in the smokies. the water was smaller and so were most of the fish. caught one keeper size rainbow, and a rainbow that was the smallest fish i have ever caught. all came in on a bh green weenie. after a couple hours with no luck on his ant, i convinced brad to try a green weenie and he was pleased with the results. i tried elk hair caddis for a few hours sat evening with no luck. sunday morning i went downstream and caught three nice rainbows, two on pink san juan worms. had to pack up and head out so sun morning was brief. on the way out i saw the rear end of a coal black bear hauling a** off the trail and up the mountain. think i got lucky as he saw me before i saw him.

Tags
backpacking, eagle creek