Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM

Default Loochee Morning

I live about 9 miles from the entrance to Cataloochee so we decide to make a quick trip over for a couple of hours on the creek. We went to the group campsite to check out the stream bank as I am teaching a beginners flyfishing class next week and I needed a place that was very accessable and easy walking for some of the class members.
We fished about 2 hours and caught some nice fish, one of my buddies had a brown about 12" and I caught several brookies the largest which was 7" .
I had my camera but the batteries were so weak they wouldn't power the camera...........no pics....beautiful morning...
I'm going back again soon with fresh batteries and the fish probably won't cooperate.......oh well !!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofishbob View Post
I live about 9 miles from the entrance to Cataloochee so we decide to make a quick trip over for a couple of hours on the creek. We went to the group campsite to check out the stream bank as I am teaching a beginners flyfishing class next week and I needed a place that was very accessable and easy walking for some of the class members.
We fished about 2 hours and caught some nice fish, one of my buddies had a brown about 12" and I caught several brookies the largest which was 7" .
I had my camera but the batteries were so weak they wouldn't power the camera...........no pics....beautiful morning...
I'm going back again soon with fresh batteries and the fish probably won't cooperate.......oh well !!
I need to get over that way soon. I am pretty burned out on the TN side of the Park. Deep Creek, Bradley and Catalochee are still pretty fresh for me. More laid back on the NC side and a good variety of trout water as well.

Neal
Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 PM

We'd love to have you come over pineman anytime. If you'll drop me a note we'll meet you somewhere and spend the day on this side of the mountain.
.....Bob
Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
We'd love to have you come over pineman anytime. If you'll drop me a note we'll meet you somewhere and spend the day on this side of the mountain.
.....Bob
Bob,

I appreciate the offer. I am curious, is your last name kilby?

Neal
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 PM

No, sorry it is Nanney
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 PM

pineman where is Luttrell Tn...........?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
pineman where is Luttrell Tn...........?
It's in the middle of Bum...Egypt Actually, I live closer to Maynardville, but have a Luttrell address Maynardville is on hwy 33, north of North Knoxville, Halls, etc., 15 minutes from Halls.

Neal
Old 09-13-2011, 10:53 PM

I know exactly where you are. I had a dear friend that was in an assisted living facility in Halls until he passed away last fall. I went to see him a few times....come on over to the east side sometime.....Bob
Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I know exactly where you are. I had a dear friend that was in an assisted living facility in Halls until he passed away last fall. I went to see him a few times....come on over to the east side sometime.....Bob
I'll do that Bob, I like Cataloochee, but have only fished there twice, with limited success, but it had nothing to do with the streams themselves, just hit it at a bad time. My email addy in pineman19 on yahoo. Drop me line anytime and we'll discuss some plans.

Neal