Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
Really now; government needs to go on a diet.... I'm tired of the theory that MORE control, more government power and MORE government employees improves anything at all.
In a little over a year the country will have a chance to try and change that mentality....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Anderson View Post
This is a political push from some people who want the rivers and profits only for themselves. It's greedy and it's wrong. Across the board licenses for all guides or nothing at all. Nothing at all has been working very well for a very long time.
This is basically what my email to TWRA said, just in about four times as many words.

How about this idea:

If they are proposing these taxes and fees to account for loss of Federal funding for hatcheries, how about charging the people who account for the need for hatcheries. Why not create two types of trout stamps? One for C&R and one for Creel Fisherman. Make the people who are keeping the fish and reducing the resource pay more. And before anybody jumps on me for saying that, I do keep fish on occasion. So, this isn't a radical C&R proponent here proposing this idea. I just believe in personal responsibility. If I take more than somebody else, I should pay my fair share for that resource. I have never asked for handouts, and don't expect others to pay for my portion.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler