Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 AM

Default Need some info for this weekend if possible

Ok so briefly here is the situation..... It has been a long time since I did a solo trip and frankly I need to get away for my sanity. The location is not all that remote but for a last minute overnight I figure it will do.

Heres the questions: Has anyone fished the tellico recently? More importantly has anyone hit up this little water source and can you tell me anything about fish in it of any kind? coords for google earth are 35 19'50.25" N 84 13'03.03 W
Old 09-29-2011, 08:20 AM

assuming you are talking about that pond....I believe it is on private property, and posted as so on wildcat rd.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 AM

thank you I guess I will have to look for another area. I thought that was all cherokee nat forest land.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix149 View Post
thank you I guess I will have to look for another area. I thought that was all cherokee nat forest land.
I was once curious about that pond too. Took a drive down the little dirt road that leads to it and saw a "private property" sign. Sure enough, upon closer inspection of a FS map, it is shown as private property. There are hundreds of tracts of private land within the national forest boundaries. The wilderness areas are really the only place you can be sure you are free to roam.

Notice how the green shaded area turns to a blocked off white area....that indicates private property.

Last edited by Grannyknot; 09-29-2011 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: add map