Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Default deep creek

What a beautiful night at the campground. At site no.2 and nobody else around until the other side of the restrooms. Caught about a dozen browns and rainbows today between the loop and a half mile above cs 60. Had a nice one to slip the barbless hook in a deep hole where the river turns to the left. Would have been 15 or better. I'm sure some of you know which hole I'm talking about. Man what a fish!! Think I will head out to forney in the morning. Not to sure about wet wading though!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
What a beautiful night at the campground. At site no.2 and nobody else around until the other side of the restrooms. Caught about a dozen browns and rainbows today between the loop and a half mile above cs 60. Had a nice one to slip the barbless hook in a deep hole where the river turns to the left. Would have been 15 or better. I'm sure some of you know which hole I'm talking about. Man what a fish!! Think I will head out to forney in the morning. Not to sure about wet wading though!!!
Good report. I plan on heading there in the morning for a couple nights.

Neal
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM

I have some good firewood. Will look for you when I get back from forney. Maybe the cool weather will put the browns on the move. Stop by for a visit.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
I have some good firewood. Will look for you when I get back from forney. Maybe the cool weather will put the browns on the move. Stop by for a visit.
Will do, I really like Bryson City and Deep Creek. Much more relaxed on the side of the spine IMO and the fishing is pretty decent as well. Haven't been down there since the week of July 4th. looking forward to relaxation and catching a few fish.

Neal