Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-02-2011, 11:52 PM

Default Elkmont, East Prong, Etc.

Spent a couple of days with my wife and kids (three dogs, two mutts one choclate lab) up at Elkmont. Didn't get a lot of fishing done but they seemed eager enough if a person spent some time on the water. There are a few pics on my blog if your interested. We left saturday afternoon as it was going to be too cold for us. I fished a couple of areas I hadn't fished before, one high and one down low. The water was low and clear and the fish seemed wise to me but if I kept quiet and stayed low I got a little attention.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 AM

BRF....what campsite were y'all in...my buddy and I were at F-8 up by the bridge all of last week...do recall seeing a chocolate lab in the campground...watched a lot of people fish by our campsite...looks like we got out Sat. just before the cold weather came in...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM

We were in C7. I fished about 20-30 minutes right across from our site and got a few rises and one to hand. I think there were several chocolate labs. We were suprised that there was so many dogs. My wife and I drove up to the bridge one night, shut the lights off on the cherokee and took a look up at the stars for a minute. She had been dreading it as she's not a camper and then turns out she really had a lot of fun and wants to go back...maybe she had a fever? Did you get to fish much?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM

This was my annual trip with my fishing buddy from Tulsa, Ok...fraternity brothers from college days...we set up camp on Sunday and fish Monday thru Friday...best day of the week was on the lower end of Roaring Fork...had a good day in the gorge above the Chimney's picnic area and a couple of good outings on the WPLP...on Tuesday we fished up the Little River above the campground and really had a hard time....we think we spent the day fishing behind someone...anyway that's our story and we're sticking to it...
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 AM

Above the campground is tough. In my opinion, an average day, if fishing the first mile or lower, is not very good. Sounds like you guys hit some nice water. There are a ton of places in the park I have yet to fish.