Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumber_Jack View Post
Great info thanks for sharing
Neil,
Glad you found it interesting. Be careful when applying this stuff. It flows much easier than dry fly dressing and it will spurt out on you if you apply it like the thicker-dry fly stuff. Also; it stays on your fingers for a while if you use them for applying it. I like to coat my fly and the approximate drop depth of my tippet with Xink. I found this product at Kmart back in the day. They had in on clearance for about $.50 a tube. It usually retails for about $4.00 a tube. Anyhow; give it a try if you are looking to try something different. Be mindful to not get it on your indicator if you are using one.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Neil,
Glad you found it interesting. Be careful when applying this stuff. It flows much easier than dry fly dressing and it will spurt out on you if you apply it like the thicker-dry fly stuff. Also; it stays on your fingers for a while if you use them for applying it. I like to coat my fly and the approximate drop depth of my tippet with Xink. I found this product at Kmart back in the day. They had in on clearance for about $.50 a tube. It usually retails for about $4.00 a tube. Anyhow; give it a try if you are looking to try something different. Be mindful to not get it on your indicator if you are using one.
Found some Xink at the Easter Fly Shop(formerly Fly Shop of Tenn) here in Johnson City. Gonna try it out today or tomorrow. If this does away with weights I will buy a lifetime supply, I hate putting weights on.

Remember......I'm and idiot
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 AM

looking good Shawn. I have been doing something similar to my wire recently. instead of a few bulk wraps, i will do a few half hitches with my wire and break it off. this secures the wire, and adds a good amount of weight to the fly.
Xink is a great product to get your fly to sink without using lead or adding bulk. I have recently started using Loon Payette paste to grease my leader, works really well.

I cant wait to see the wing bud technique, and the spring midge pattern! Thanks for sharing bud!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Post Video Link

OK, I tried making a tying video for this midge. However; the camera did not show the detail that well. I will use a different one in my next videos. Anyhow; I hope this helps add some clarity to my pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ZWnN1qB3E#t=5s
to choose, to respond, to change.”