Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 PM

Default Prayers Requested

My cousin passed this morning...he was the Fire Chief in Sevierville for the last 20 years...he took me on my first trip up Fish Camp Prong when I was 14 and ferried me to the mountains on visits when I was too young to drive....he took time to teach me the fundamentals of trout fishing at an age when I could relate to someone my own age better than adult...this is another link to my youth growing up around mountain folk that will be missed....
Old 12-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Rog 1--You certainly have my thoughts and prayers. Just a couple of days ago I mentioned the importance of mentors and obviously he was a mentor to you. Cherish his memory, as I know you will do each time you wade the waters he introduced you to and enjoy the sport that bound you together from boyhood.
Jim Casada
Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 PM

Sorry to hear it. We all have to travel that path but it's difficult to lose those that we care about. Go fishing and remember him.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Casada View Post
Rog 1--You certainly have my thoughts and prayers. Just a couple of days ago I mentioned the importance of mentors and obviously he was a mentor to you. Cherish his memory, as I know you will do each time you wade the waters he introduced you to and enjoy the sport that bound you together from boyhood.
Jim Casada
Mr.Casada...thanks for the kind words you posted. I was given a copy of your book by my fishing buddy for Xmas and reading it has indeed brought back memories of my early days chasing trout with my cousin.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM

You and the family will be in my prayers.

Sounds like you were very fortunate to have someone like him in your life, hang in there man.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:17 PM

Default Thanking Jesus...

...for the comfort He affords to everyone affected by this loss! We just attended the funerals of two family friends this past week, so sorry for your loss!

Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Rog 1, you and your family are in my prayers. I know this is a difficult time and I'm sorry for your loss.

1 Thess. 4:13-18
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 PM

Our thoughts and prayers at this time; the Lord will use those memories to fill in that vacuum that exists in your life.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM

I always enjoyed talking with Chief Rawlings whenever he would come by my work. Praying for his wife and your family Jim.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Roy 1....... Was talking with some coworkers this morning and they both had good things to say about your cousin, said he was a great guy. Thought you would like to know.