Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 AM

Dad (Cockeye Valdez) I don't agree with what the TWRA officals are sending up to the TWRC to vote upon. First we (me included) were shut out of OUR (everyone) state and federal lands when it comes to controlling hogs. A problem that was derrived BY TWRA when they released over 4000 wild hogs in South Cherokee and Catoosa WMA's. Now, I just learned that these same officials have hired a firm to do a phone survey asking the random public, many of whom most likely do not contribute to the funding of TWRA what their stance on the current bear management practices are. This is NOT Washington, California or Oregon states and sound biological studies done by certified personel with biology degrees need to be making these recommendations. NOT the public. And furthermore the sportsmen and woman of TN have over the last 7 years harvested over 400 bears with last year being the the record high. Why does something that is NOT broken need fixing? Daryl Ratajczak from NEW YORK who is now over the big game management is the biggest snake in the grass TWRA has ever had. I believe that there needs to be a house cleaning in more than one area of ALL this and these elected peoples need to remember who it is that they actually work for. There is no accountability by many of these elected officals and it needs to end.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
This is NOT Washington, California or Oregon states and sound biological studies done by certified personel with biology degrees need to be making these recommendations. NOT the public
As far back as can remember, the TWRA has requested comments and suggestions by the public for both hunting and fishing regulations. Go to www.tnwildlife.org to see when these are requested by the TWRA or call the Nashville office of TWRA. That doesn't eliminate the work of "certified" personnel.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNHunt View Post
Daryl Ratajczak from NEW YORK who is now over the big game management is the biggest snake in the grass TWRA has ever had

I don't know if I would go quite as far as saying he's the biggest biggest snake in the grass. But, I will say I wouldn't trust him any farther than I can throw him. And I'm not a very big guy to be throwing anyone.

I do agree with TWRA that someting had to be done about the hogs. They weren't spreading through natural progress and distribution. Instead, they were showing up around the state at random spots through illegal stocking. Who was doing this? and why? is not for me to be pointing fingers and I have no solution to the problem. But, what really gets to me is that TWRA and their Chief of Wildlife and Forestry, Daryl Ratajczak, has been preaching for years that the public comment period will be open through February for the following year's hunting regulations.

"TWRA Requests Public Input for 2012-13 Hunting Regulations
Released on Wed, Jan 18, 2012 - 1:18 pm under Wildlife Resources

NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is soliciting comments for its 2012-13 hunting seasons’ regulations. This is an opportunity for the public to share ideas and concerns about hunting regulations with TWRA staff.

Public comments will be considered by TWRA’s Wildlife Division staff and may be presented as proposals for regulation changes. Comments may be submitted by mail to: 2012-13 Hunting Season Comments, TWRA, Wildlife Management Division, P.O. 40747, Nashville, TN 37204 or emailed to twra.comment@tn.gov . Please include “Hunting Season Comments” on the subject line of emailed submissions.

The comment period concerning the 2012-13 hunting season regulations will be open until Friday, Feb. 24, 2012.
---TWRA---

Remember we welcome letters of support just as much as we do changes. "

However, last year when the public comment period rolled around, TWRC, says the hog regulations were already voted on the month before and they couldn't be reversed. IMO, they rammed this through because they knew if they waited until February, when they typically have all the hunters show up at the meetings, they would face a huge amount of opposition. If I remember correctly, he stated that all meetings are public, and we (all hunters) could have been there to comment, but none were. But, I don’t want the person that is supposed to be leading the way for sportsmen telling me that they are taking public comments through February, then when February rolls around have them tell me that they voted on it last month, and I really should have been there then. Makes me wonder what else he might run through TWRC while we have our backs turned.

As for bear hunting, TWRC made it painfully obvious to me 2 years ago that bowhunters were not wanted in TN to hunt bears. I do still hunt them for a day or two every year, but I’ve come to the realization that if I want to seriously hunt bears with a bow, I have to go out of state. I won’t go into this any further. I think I’ve posted enough of a rant already.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNHunt View Post
Dad (Cockeye Valdez) I don't agree with what the TWRA officals are sending up to the TWRC to vote upon. First we (me included) were shut out of OUR (everyone) state and federal lands when it comes to controlling hogs. A problem that was derrived BY TWRA when they released over 4000 wild hogs in South Cherokee and Catoosa WMA's. Now, I just learned that these same officials have hired a firm to do a phone survey asking the random public, many of whom most likely do not contribute to the funding of TWRA what their stance on the current bear management practices are. This is NOT Washington, California or Oregon states and sound biological studies done by certified personel with biology degrees need to be making these recommendations. NOT the public. And furthermore the sportsmen and woman of TN have over the last 7 years harvested over 400 bears with last year being the the record high. Why does something that is NOT broken need fixing? Daryl Ratajczak from NEW YORK who is now over the big game management is the biggest snake in the grass TWRA has ever had. I believe that there needs to be a house cleaning in more than one area of ALL this and these elected peoples need to remember who it is that they actually work for. There is no accountability by many of these elected officals and it needs to end.
Wild hogs have been on the Plateau way before TWRA. They are a big problem in many areas and it is getting worse. Those below 100 lbs make excellent Barbeque any bigger they are Coyote bait