Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 AM

Default the spring change...

I'm reading through the posts, looking at all the nice pictures....I'm enjoying the new "how to post" guidelines....and a my brain starts to change...

A few weeks ago, I was fine. I was happy, still hunting ducks and bunnies and living my muddy water, bottomland life but now...

I'm ready to go catch some trout!!!
I'm ready for clear water...and rocks...and the smell of the mountains.....Oh it hurts!

keep the reports coming!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:46 AM

I know what you mean. I am dying for a backpacking trip, but I will wait till it's a litter warmer. I like to pack extremely light, so I will wait so I don't need a sleeping bag, waders, or extra clothes.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish4wildtrout View Post
I know what you mean. I am dying for a backpacking trip, but I will wait till it's a litter warmer.
I almost did this weekend... I really, really wanted to and it only got down to 50 degrees Friday night but was bracketed by temps in the 30's the other nights. So, I retreated to a warm bed and a cold beer back in Knoxville but the tent was in the car...

I can't wait for full on spring!! I can hardly contain myself regarding the constant anticipation of where to go for the first BC trip and what stream to hit. I'm also thinking I may need to stretch out the legs and log some miles as well... anyone up for Calhoun??

Tight Lines,
Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jross View Post
I'm reading through the posts, looking at all the nice pictures....I'm enjoying the new "how to post" guidelines....and a my brain starts to change...

A few weeks ago, I was fine. I was happy, still hunting ducks and bunnies and living my muddy water, bottomland life but now...

I'm ready to go catch some trout!!!
I'm ready for clear water...and rocks...and the smell of the mountains.....Oh it hurts!

keep the reports coming!
Already booked everything to be there the week of Easter. Can't wait !!!!!