Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Default New member

I have been a member of this board for some time now, and just recently started posting. I have sort of done things out of order. This introduction should have been my first post, but as they say, better late than never.

Please, allow me to introduce my self. My name is Danny, I am from east Tennessee. East Tennessee has always been my home, as you all know ,it is one of the most gorgeous places on earth.

I started fishing a little over a year ago. This was not my first time fishing, I had been a handful of times with my dad and grandfather throughout my life. But last July was the first time I had ever owned a fishing license. I started last July throwing spinners and spoons with a spinning rod. I did this for about 8 weeks.

One day a man (Dr. Jim R) was doing very well with his fly rod, and asked me if I would like to try, i did. That was the start, I bought my first fly rod and started using it around March 2011, i didn't catch my first fish till about 4 weeks later. an addiction was growing, and i began fishing everyday from sun up to sun down. I have been using my own flies exclusively since i started tying. My flies seem to work very well for me, and my friends say the same

Through this experience I have made some wonderful friends, and have had the opportunity to fish with some of the best anglers on the river.

I now have a more demanding job, but i still find time to fish about 5 times a week. The Clinch River is my home. I love this river and she has been good to me.

Sorry for the long winded intro,but I think im going to hang out here for a good long while, and soak up all the mojo all you wonderful anglers are willing to share.