Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Default But I did land a nice Rainbow

Fished the Holston in Blaine today with the "former forum poster known as Neal" and had a great time even though I'm battered, bruized and bleeding... took one serious digger before hooking up and a less serious but much WETTER digger on the way out.

Spose I'm getting too old for my own good..

Zillions of little black bugs and midges but few risers; Neal got two on a midge emerger so small I could barely see it without glasses.

I managed a nice rainbow dragging a size 16 bead head and dropped at least four.... had a hard time mending as my "line shoulder" got seperated last saturday.

There were other folks there and while nobody was catching a lot of fish it seemed nearly everyone got to land a fish.... and that's a nice day.

Had two caddis land on me.... it won't be long... water was surprisingly clear after the rain but only 50 degrees or so.

I turned the heat on in my truck for the wet ride home.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM

Glad you got out and had success!!! Yep those caddis are soon gonna pop!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM

Richard,
Glad you got out on the water! The challenges we each face are part of the beauty that make fly fishing so special. Love your spirit brother...
Blessings,
SM
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM

Hey Corbo, I was there at Nance's as well, but guess I missed ya. I was there from 11:30 till 2 or so. I had my pontoon boat and fished the riffles and hooked 5 but didn't manage to land any : had one good one on for about a minute and a half,but he got away as well. One of those days.

Mike
Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Mike; I was mostly way up about 400 yards near the stump... did see a pontoon looking thing down river for a while. It will get good soon!

If you saw a guy wearing an orange shirt up-river on the right soaking wet.... that wasn't me! LOL Lost a small box of streamers when I took the digger; bummer as I didn't get to fish them.