Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 AM

Default Fishing Sunday 3/18

Who's fishing this Sunday?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 PM

Thinking about backpacking Deep Creek next week, starting Tuesday 3/27 for a couple days and nights. I ain't planning to go far, I'm going to stay at #60. Always looking for company.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM

There looks like some nice weather scheduled for the weekend. With the extra time off I was looking to get up there for a few days. Is the park going to be crazy busy for the Easter holiday? Anyone else plan on fishing instead of hunting for eggs?

Tight Lines,
Old 04-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
There looks like some nice weather scheduled for the weekend. With the extra time off I was looking to get up there for a few days. Is the park going to be crazy busy for the Easter holiday? Anyone else plan on fishing instead of hunting for eggs?

Tight Lines,
I really wanted to go to makeup for last weeks adventure. However, I think the crowds in combination with need for revenge with a gobbler will keep me away this weekend. Unless I kill that booger on Friday, then I may come up very very early Sat.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post

Tight Lines,
There will be a lot of people up there...I speak from experience... I intend to probably try to fish somewhere locally here on the Plateau to avoid the crowds.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-06-2012, 03:19 PM

I am thinking about going to #24 Tuesday 4/10/12, staying Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Anyone else going to be up there? I know it's notorious for bear activity and not really wanting to go solo and may not go if I can't find a partner, not sure yet.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish4wildtrout View Post
I am thinking about going to #24 Tuesday 4/10/12, staying Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Anyone else going to be up there? I know it's notorious for bear activity and not really wanting to go solo and may not go if I can't find a partner, not sure yet.
I'm responsible for getting it closed late November; we had a youngin' come right up to our fire ring. We scared him off and he was back and too close and comfortable near us half an hour later. Hiked out a day early and reported young Yogi to the rangers.

I'll be down again this weekend, so I will miss the chance to join you unfortunately. I'm considering 21 instead of 24 as tnflyfisher and I had a lot of fun between husky branch falls and the big bridge.

Then again, I haven't been to Deep Creek in a long time, did you fish that recently @ 60 and how did you do?

Anyone fishing this weekend and want to join me? My father in law will be with me as well..
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Matt,

I may be up for another LR excursion this weekend...
I'll shoot you an email.

Tight Lines,
Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Default Fishing Sunday 4-15

Anyone want to go chase some Brookies in the park with me on Sunday?Would love to have some company
Not set on a particular destination, yet have several in mind depending on how ambitious one may be.

Any takers?
James
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 PM

Default sunday might be an option

ducky,
I live here in townsend and fish the park fairly often since i moved here in november of 2010. i have not, as of yet, went up high after the brookies although i've said on many numerous occassions that i was going to do just that. i usually fish abrams, treemont, LR (all prongs), below elkmont, etc. so i don't usually venture too terribly far from townsend. i've been really wanting to go chase brookies but being a saltwater boy at hear who's still new in the mountains i haven't been the best at the tricky water, but i'm ALL FOR giving it a go! Let me know if you're up for it and where you'd like to go, feel free to call or text me at (865)242-1009 to discuss. that goes for anyone else who may want to buddy up sometime! i'm always looking for fishing buddies, in the salt we SELDOM fish alone! lol

Mac29449@yahoo.com