Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Default Little pigeon

Was wondering if anyone has any reports? More then reports hownismthe river flowing due to the rain storms? Looking at maybe coming up tomorrow afternoon
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM

The rain yesterday evening bumped the river up instantly. Way up. It should fall out by tomorrow afternoon if there is no more rain.

No fishing reports as we were on a family vacation for spring break, but I did get my feet wet wishing I had a fly rod

Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM

I fished Monday and it was ok. I caught some fish but they really weren't alot of numbers. I think I caught 5 in about 4 hours. I ran into Josh and saw him catch one as I was walking up on him below the confluence. My catches came from above exept for one. On a high note the carp are starting to really get active. They'll be spawning to shortly. Maybe the full moon will get all the fish going.
Lynn
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 PM

I live 100 yards away from LPR in Sevierville and it's high right now and discolored; saw a couple fishing live minnows below Hardee's last weekend and they were catching some really good bass.

Might give it a try after it calms down but it's seems to storm nearly every afternoon recently.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Hey Corbo, how does it look today?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM

Its still high and muddy. The traffic up in sevierville is bumper to bumper 3 lanes wide also. easter weekend and spring break for many.
Guess I will be heading to the lake for crappie if it keeps up all this flooding rains.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM

Gary, I've been catching some good crappie. I've got some friends been shooting the docks with 24th oz flies in about 2ft of water.
Lynn
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
I live 100 yards away from LPR in Sevierville ...
Have ya ever thought about aiming a web cam in the general direction

I'm only 10 minutes away, was down there just before all the rain hit and it was fishing good - smallies and redyes. Caddis were coming off and pretty sure they were rising to them, though all I had were streamers on me. Can't wait for the golden bones to start tailing.
I was even pleasantly surprised by a visit from a TWRA officer. According to him, he's making it his own personal mission to patrol the lower lil' pig more often. Reminiscing the good ol days of the giant bronzebacks, he was.
Hey Gary, have we near the redhorse's yet? I'd like to get one this year...
Old 04-07-2012, 12:43 PM

If you think traffic is bad this weekend, just wait until next weekend when they have the Grand Run.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterborn View Post
Have ya ever thought about aiming a web cam in the general direction

I'm only 10 minutes away, was down there just before all the rain hit and it was fishing good - smallies and redyes. Caddis were coming off and pretty sure they were rising to them, though all I had were streamers on me. Can't wait for the golden bones to start tailing.
I was even pleasantly surprised by a visit from a TWRA officer. According to him, he's making it his own personal mission to patrol the lower lil' pig more often. Reminiscing the good ol days of the giant bronzebacks, he was.
Hey Gary, have we near the redhorse's yet? I'd like to get one this year...
Jeremy, I decided to take advantage of the good flow schedule on the FB today and took the canoe out. The caddis were coming off all day. I wish I had taken some grey stimulators or elk hairs with me. This morning the shad were all over them.
I caught a few stripe, some redeyes, lots of smallmouth, a couple of very unexpected rainbow trout, (must have washed down from the LP), but the catch of the day was a nice size catfish!. Caught everything on pearl sparkleminnows.
Lynn, I had called my dad to see if he wanted to go crappie fishing on douglas, but he just had cataract surgery on both eyes and didnt feel like being out in the sun all day. I would love to catch a mess of fresh crappie to eat.
Happy to hear the Lil pig. is finally being patroled by TWRA. There has been a lot of poaching of undersize smallmouth there over the past several years.