Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 07-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Default Camera mount/harness

This is a camera mount that I designed and built....I have a Panasonic DMC TS3 which is waterproof and it shoots high definition video and still shots..... I wanted a way that I could shoot video "hands free" while fly fishing it also has audio which GoPro has only with the purchase of an additional microphone......... I have tested it several times on the water and it really works great..... a lot less expensive that the GoPro.....
if you are interested let me know and I'll give you the info on making one yourself............
Old 07-02-2014, 06:20 AM

Thumbs up

Good job! My kind of project! Props to your willingness to tackle an idea!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-03-2014, 11:01 AM

Smile

do you think you get the same point of aim results that one would achiever with a head /hat apparatus. Why not make ahead strap for it? Seems that yours would be low , if you shoot the video from belly button height, and thus not as
"well aimed"…not a criticism , just a question? IS RABIIT SKIN A REAL BIG TOWN?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Thumbs up Head mount ??

Joe, I tried a head mount with a Sony Action Camera and the head band is very uncomfortable plus hot....so I mounted it to the bill of a LRO cap.... too heavy..... plus the head moves so much that it is difficult to keep from looking sideways, up and down so I gave up on that design....
This mount is really very accurate as to the field of view..... the field of view is great....it is well above the belly button and is adjustable to suit your particular height.....I installed a couple of supports on the back to keep the "field of view" angle from being too high....... having the camera on your chest it is readily available to turn off and on and to take single frame shots........... I tested several different designs and this is by far the best of all worlds........ if you have a Panasonic, Nikon, Canon or any similar waterproof camera this mount will work and you don't have to come up with a lot of $$$ for a GoPro.......... GoPros are really nice but that's another type system altogether........
No Rabbit Skin NC is not a big town.....it is just outside the GSMNP boundary............ Thanks for your interest and comments.....Bob