Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 11-18-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
Like you I fell in love with the concept of the Korkers

Like everyone else I found out that they just don't hold up (although each generation seems to get a little better)

Like to see how you feel about the boots 6 months to a year from now

BTW Chota just stopped making the STL
The STL+ is still listed on LRO and Chota sites. You have me really worried. Based upon reviews I still have a a lot of use remaining on mine.

I had bad luck with my Korkers soles coming off and stopped using the boots quickly. I kept using the swift sandals longer than the boots, as they were light in my pack. A sole separation at the front led to a big fall and nasty face plant. I understand the newer Omnitrax soles attach more securely but I'm off the brand.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Default Chota STL Plus Boots

Matt,
Chota is still making the STL+ boot. They have discontinued the regular STL which had the plain felt sole. The Plus has the sole with hubs that allow you to screw cleats in.

This is one of the most comfortable boots we have.

Daniel
Old 11-19-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Drake View Post
Matt,
Chota is still making the STL+ boot. They have discontinued the regular STL which had the plain felt sole. The Plus has the sole with hubs that allow you to screw cleats in.

This is one of the most comfortable boots we have.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the + ones. They are indeed the most comfortable pair of wading boots I have ever owned. You sold me my last 2 pairs of boots; the Chota STL+ and Orvis Pack and Travel boots. The Orvis boots with Chota hippies provide a light-ish combo when I backpack in the shoulder seasons. Someone needs to convince Chota to build a lightweight shoe to go along with the hippies.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:01 PM

Fellas, I put some serious wear and tear on fishing gear and this model of boots has held up beyond my expectations. If you want durability; these are fabulous. I give them the 5 shoe string rating. They have lasted longer than the last 4 boot strings I put on them. I think I should be getting close to 2 years on them and the felt sole is pretty flat; but, I have added cleats. One odd note; I have tons of deep gouges on the material above the toe protection. I think it would be a good idea to wrap the whole front of the boot with the rubber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
I would suggest buying a pair of Simms Guide Boots. The extra $50-75 in this purchase will help you get 3-4 more years of comfortable use than the Simms Freestone Boots. I go through a pair of Simms Boots each year and Simms has been positive in replacing them.

I like felt with cleats for tailwaters.

This is the pair I wear and they have held up better than any previous models, plus you can get it in size 14.

to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 11-20-2014 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Rearranged response to original quote for better flow.