Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 AM

Default Hello From Iraq

Just wanted to say hey and hope everyone has a great time on the water this Spring and Summer. No trout over here that's for sure, but I'll be back in good ol' east TN sometime around July for a few weeks. When I'm at home I mainly fish the Hiwassee and smaller streams in the GSM. Until then make one rise for me.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Default Long way from home!

F&F,

Welcome from East Tennessee! We very much appreciate what you are doing on our behalf. We'll try to save you a few for your return home.

Be safe, come home.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 03-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Feather&fly,

Thank you for serving. I hope you are doing well over there. Tell all your friends hello from me. We have customers in Iraq and other countries where military bases are located. It's nice to build relationshps with soldiers in other parts of the world. Everytime we get an order or an e-mail it is a big event here at the shop. We'll be glad to see you soon. Be careful.

Byron

Last edited by Byron Begley; 03-24-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Old 03-23-2008, 12:57 PM

F&F-
welcome to the board! Thank you very much for your service and protection of our country. The waters will be calling you until your safe return. Be careful and keep your head up.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:00 PM

Default Caney Fork

Just want you to know how much we as Americans appreciate you and the many thousands of soldiers working and fighting with you to make freedom possible for Iraq and the continued freedom we have in this country. God Bless You and all the soldiers in Iraq. Take care. The Caney Fork is fishing slow right now---should be good by the time you get back in the U.S in July.
Bill
Old 03-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Welcome to the board and thanks for all you're doing for our country! I'll try to leave a few in the streams for you...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 03-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Smile Welcome and Thanks

Feather&fly,
Thanks to you and all the others who are putting your life on the line in Iraq.
Our Country, our values and the freedoms we enjoy are sustained by brave individuals like you. Give all your fellow men and women a hardy thank you.

I will be on the Hiwassee this Saturday. A great place to fish. Hope you get to fish it soon.

Be safe.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:48 PM

Thanks for all you guys (and gals) are doing for our great country. We appreciate your sacrifices, and that of your family. It is always nice to get on the internet when you are away from home- it kind of takes you back home, doesn't it?

I always get on this site at least oce a day to see how people are doing and what's going on fishing wise. I guess I'm fishing "vicariously" because it's been a long time since I have been able to enjoy being on the water. My present situation finds me taking care of two elderly, sick parents and working which leave precious little time to squeeze in a fishing trip. Since I moved to Chattanooga from Bama, I thought it would be great to be closer to the Hiwassee, but I've managed to get there two times in the last 9 months. There will be time for that later.

Anyway, You all are doing a great job and we appreciate it. If you want to see how the Hiwassee is doing, there's a web site hiwassee.net that is really informative.

God bless... bamafisherlady
Old 03-23-2008, 06:45 PM

Welcome to the board! You have found what I think is the friendliest & most informative board of all! We are heading to the Hiwassee in April. Maybe we will see you there! Thanks for your service to our country. It IS greatly appreciated. God bless you and your family
Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 PM

F&F.......first and foremost, God Bless and Protect you and all of our Men and Women who are fighting for our freedoms and the freedoms of the Iraqi people. The appreciation of the American People is beyond measure for the sacrifices that you are giving. Second......a very heartfelt "thank you" ........and last of all, as you know there may not be a finer board of fly fisherpersons (of course we are kinda partial to LRO) and I hope you can gain some inspiration from this site any time you just need to get away mentally. I will add you to my prayer list and I suspect that others from this site will do the same.

Just curious, how would one go about sending care packages to a soldier who is deployed in Iraq and what type of things would be helpful.....

God Bless and Be Safe
bob
Jeremiah 29:13