Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 03-30-2008, 09:01 PM

Default yellow/white bass

Wooo hooo.....just had to share my day with ya'll. It wasn't looking good for fishing today....kinda rainy and yucky and my husband was working on a project for work. One of our buddies called and asked us out to his house...he lives on a creek that flows into the Tennessee River here in Florence. He said the white and yellow bass were here! I loaded up the gear and went out there and had my best day fly fishing ever. (we started fishing last year in the middle of the drought ) Never really kept count today because it was just about a fish every time we casted. Lots of fun. Nothing real big...but lots of them!! Mostly yellow bass but I did manage one white. (The fly in his mouth was one my husband tied...the least I could do since he didn't get to go with us!!)

Last edited by ALflygirl; 03-30-2008 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: adding
Old 03-31-2008, 12:48 AM

Nice fish! Thanks for sharing
Old 03-31-2008, 09:20 AM

Excellent report ALflygirl. I am just getting started in fishing for the bass on the fly. The ones I have caught in the past week have been kinda sluggish. Did you happen to take the temperature on that little feeder creek? I am waiting for the temps to come up a few degrees here.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Looking to try some whites myself what did they take is that a chart. clouser?

STU
Old 03-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Realtyman - creek was about 55 degrees. We went last weekend and they were not moving at all. It was about 50 last Saturday. We had some friends fishing on another creek and they caught several smallmouth, so they are really starting to move now.

Stu - that is a chart. clouser. I had to throw that one because my husband tied it. Only caught one on that one. They were hitting a white/blue clouser hard.

Also, I highly recommend a sinking line. My outfit has floating on it and I wasn't getting anything. My friend had an extra outfit with sinking and that's when the fun started. I had never thrown sinking before and it is very different. You don't have to lay it down easily on the water...which matches up with my cast pretty well!