Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Red face Hey Pete!

Hey Pete!

First, I have to apologize... I should have insisted that you take the felt soles with cleats - my bad!

I got my boots back yesterday, after a little confusion, a took them for a spin in the park. Went to the swinging bridge in Townsend to try a section I've never fished. I nearly killed myself trying to wade there with the felt (only) soles on my Korkers. I had no idea they were that worn down! But after two years I guess I should have expected it - especially since I clean them with a power spray at the car wash after every trip to a (didymo-infested) tailwater.

I can only imagine what was going through your mind when you test-drove them up Fish Camp Prong. I mean, I know the lug soles worked just fine, but you must have felt like you were wearing some good old leather loafers in the water. Those soles are slick as glass .

Sorry 'bout that...

So if you want another test drive - this time with some real felt soles - no problem... in fact, highly recommended!!

Just let me know.

Gerry
Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 AM

Default Hey Gerry!

Gerry, Thanks for the offer and, of course, thanks for letting me test drive the Korkers. I apologize that they took so long to get to you (Its been a pretty strange week...I'm still in Buffalo...)

Its funny that you mentioned about the soles being worn down. I had at first talked myself out of the boots, but the more I've thought about it and (through many suggestions) figured out how to overcome the wet foot hiking issues, I have decided in favor of them. One of the things I thought was really good about them was the grippiness of the felt soles. They were just as good, if not better than my 2yrd old Cabelas. So if worm down doles are even better than my soles, I can only imagine how good new ones would be...

I think I'm sold on them. Now I just need to find some money in my couch cushions...What I need more than another test drive in the boots is some advanced fishing lessons.......

Thanks again for the boots!!

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Hey Gerry!

Gerry, Thanks for the offer and, of course, thanks for letting me test drive the Korkers. I apologize that they took so long to get to you (Its been a pretty strange week...I'm still in Buffalo...)

Its funny that you mentioned about the soles being worn down. I had at first talked myself out of the boots, but the more I've thought about it and (through many suggestions) figured out how to overcome the wet foot hiking issues, I have decided in favor of them. One of the things I thought was really good about them was the grippiness of the felt soles. They were just as good, if not better than my 2yrd old Cabelas. So if worm down doles are even better than my soles, I can only imagine how good new ones would be...

I think I'm sold on them. Now I just need to find some money in my couch cushions...What I need more than another test drive in the boots is some advanced fishing lessons.......

Thanks again for the boots!!

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 PM

I picked up a pair of these socks Saturday morning and they are a dream. I only wore these socks instead of the liner plus neoprene booty that I wore the first time out. I had sticker shock on the price but the more that I thought about it, I will be using these socks anytime I am hiking in the park.

I plan on picking up a new pair of Merrell trail shoes for this summer and the sock will add additional waterproof protection

http://www.danalco.com/htmls/products/products.shtml