Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 03-01-2008, 01:46 AM

Thumbs up MARCH One fish per month challenge!

Alright folks time to lay the ground rules for this challenge.

Here's the rules:

1) You must submit one photo of your favorite, largest, best, catch every month. Multiple fish can be submitted but submit it in the from of one picture ie; a stringer.

2) You must include the date of the catch and fall within that designated month! However there has to be a deadline in order to make the tallying easier. So you will have till the last day of the month by midnight! That will keep things rolling smothly on the streak tally system! Be honest guys, we know we all have several billion pictures of fish lying around the computer, walls, and anywhere else they can be stashed.

3) You must include the type of tackle used. Considering the nature of this entire forum let's keep it "FLY ONLY". However, we don't want to push the spin fisherman out of this challenge. So I will try to keep things seperated within the tally system. Just make sure to tell us whether your fish was caught on spin gear or on the fly.

4) You must include the tributary or tailwater the fish was caught within. Let's protect the fish in doing so guys. Just give the name of the tributary and not your honey hole including GPS coordinates. Your protecting your honey and protecting the fish by doing so.

5) You can include, a short form report of how the fish was caught ie; techniques. After all, this forum is about learning.

6) You can include any fish within this challenge. Bring what you got. Post it and let us glare at your catch!

7) Let's have fun with it guys!

Here's how the tally system will work. We will use the four participant's from the month of Febuary as an example.

ACinEastTN-1 month streak
mtnman2888-1 month streak
Plateau Angler-1 month streak
Fishermansfly-1 month streak

Were cleaning the slate with this one, and we will start the challenge now for the month of March 2008 and keep it going. Now let's say were 12 month's into this thing and there is only one person who has kept the challenge going. Then lets say that one person didn't catch a fish for his 13 month. We will keep his record atop the tally system for all to see until he/she is surpassed. This will be seperate from the ongoing tally system so that that one person atop the tally system can start all over.

Here's what that will look like:

ACinEastTN-12 month streak
===================================
mtnman2888-11 month streak
Plateau Angler-11 month streak
Fishermansfly-9 month streak
ACinEastTN-1 month streak

After another entry from either mtnman or plateau that will put them ahead of AC and he will be removed from the leader of the challenge.

What's the purpose of this you may ask. It's to have fun and see how many hard core fisherman we have on this board! It's all about fun and it's no competition...Even if you don't play along every month, feel free to post your picture! Just remember to include all of the requirments.

Let's get this thing going...Get those flash's glowing!

~Brett

Last edited by Fishermansfly; 03-01-2008 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Rule 2 edited for purposes of making tallying easier!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:52 AM

Exclamation Paula!

If this thing takes off can we see about making the ground rules a sticky? Let's work the kinks out first before we do...If this month goes well and the participation is there I'll ask again. That way the rules are always up top and are locked making them uncapable of change. If you can think of anything to make this better or easier let me know!

Also guys, the tallying won't begin until the following day of the end of that particular month! In other words, the tallying will begin until the end of March 08' at midnight. Since I didn't realize I posted so late in the month of Febuary, this will give everyone ample time to get a true month of fishing in to post thier catch. We will make things fair so that everyone starts with a nice clean one month slate! Going back to the rules. The tallying will begin the day after. So on March 31st, 2008 at midnight all of the post's should be in to get your tally mark! I will try and get the tallies up the following day, or in other words on April 1st, 2008 and keep it going the exact same way month after month!

Last edited by Fishermansfly; 03-01-2008 at 09:31 AM..
Old 03-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Default Yeah!! I'm in for sure!!!

Ok, count me in... now hmm, well it is March 1st!!!! Soo I suppose any chances for February are out for me. Wait.. I may have a picture form a trip last month. I'll have to dig and see. I'll let ya' know.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Sorry

I didn't read the rules in the March post until after I'd put up my Feb photo.

sb
Old 03-01-2008, 06:46 PM

Default Don't worry guys!

I've didn't realize until it was too late. I posted it with 2 days left in the month of Febuary! The actual challenge starts now...Clean slate for everyone! This Challenge starts today March 1st, 2008. That way everyone has the whole month to get it going!

The deadline to get your picture in every month will be the last day of tha given month until midnight! The streaks will be tallied from that point on!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 AM

I am usually fishing alone and don't carry a camera with me (just more gear to lose or break.) So anyway, can I submit a notarized sketch?
I swear that thing was the size of my leg!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

Saturday March 1st Clinch River Brown:

"Good Friday" Clinch River Rainbow 03.21.2008

Last edited by UofMontanaAlum; 03-22-2008 at 11:58 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 PM

I hope this is not my LAST fish of the month, but with the crazy weather who knows so I will go ahead and post. Caught last Saturday, March 1 on the Elk River with a sz 20 Adams. I got a spot of water on my lens...thankfully his spots were bright enough to show through!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:37 PM

Caught March 9th on the s. holston. Bead head blue wing olive nymph. I haven't been able to get back on the water in a while. I'm itching to get a chance though!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimmyC
Default Here's my March entry

3/16
Tremont
Quil Gordon #18

Got a new camera and it survived. Decided to run up to Tremont with dad at the last minute, and we're glad we did. Fishing wasn't exactly on fire, but it was good enough with some sporadic blue quils. It should be lights out soon! Maybe later this week ... ? See ya'll on the streams.