Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Default Stumpy Bass

Byron,

I read in your report today that you are going to meet with John next week. I'll be at a conference in AL so I can't come, but I wanted to talk to him again about Troutfest. I spoke with him before about doing something to raise a little $$ like a small booth and rafffle a healing waters rod, but I wasn't sure if that would conflict with the fundraising for the Brookies. When you talk let me know if you have any ideas because I would love to help. I'm sure I could get some of my fellow military guys to pitch in too.

Kevin
Old 04-04-2008, 07:42 PM

Hi Kevin,

As it turns out, I'll be out of town when John is here. He will brief Paula and Daniel and leave some information. I talked to Rick Pope who owns Temple Fork today about a big event here. He is cocked and loaded. Monday I will meet with your base comander at our Chamber of Commerce meeting. I think he's your commander. He has one of those flying birds on his collar. In the Army we called them a "Full Bird". I'll fill him in. Mention it to him if you can. One thing John liked about our area is great fly fishing, two bases plus National Guard, military fly fishermen and fisherwomen and a Veterans Hospital. Also we have several active TU chapters and a FFF club. Can't beat that! John told me he would come back and meet with our TU chapters and FFF club. He is just passing through and I have an annual committment for a turkey hunting trip.

Byron

Last edited by Byron Begley; 04-04-2008 at 08:01 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 PM

That's Col Deering, did you know Mr. Forster is a Retired General? Both are great guys. The next time I see Col Deering I'll mention it to him.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:54 PM

Kevin,

Fred Forster and Carolyn have been friends of ours for a long time. Fred is the President of the Blount Partnership which includes the Chamber. I'll be with him on Monday at the Chamber Board meeting and maybe Monday night at the County Commission Budget Committee meeting. I was serving on the Blount Chamber Board when we hired Fred. He is a great guy and a born leader. I remember well when he was promoted to General. I was at a printing convention in Nashville at a large hotel and there was Fred at a AFR meeting wearing his star. He has been fighting cancer but it looks like he's got it whipped. I'll tell him Monday that you were asking about him. It's kind of nice that our Chamber works with the Air Base folks. Col Deering seems like a nice guy. I don't know him very well yet but I will.

Byron