Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-10-2008, 09:06 PM

Default Full house up on the Middle Prong today

I fished the Middle Prong this evening and manOman was it crowded. About the time I had to leave 6:30 it started to clear out alittle but there were still quiet a few people fishing. The fishing was great. I put 17 to hand in hours. I had to portage 3 times because someone came in ahead of me but that's fishing. I talked to 2 fellas and gave them some flies to help them out since they weren't doing any good. All were caught on a #16 adams. Most were in the 8 inch range but I saw one really nice bow feeding ontop from the road but as soon as I made my approach a car stopped right over the fish to take a picture of me. I'm pretty ugly so I don't know why they wanted a picture of me. I spooked what I am thinking was a brown out of some shallows (3-4 inches of water)and he had some mass to him. He was a VERY good fish. The highlight was a little otter that swam so close to me I tapped him with the end of my rod. He wasn't amused and hightailed it to a hole in the bank. I wonder if it's really true that they eat their body weight a day in fish cause I fished some ways before I caught another trout. I hope this Dogwood winter doesn't last long and I can get back and fight the crowd. I hope everyone had a good day fishing.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 PM

My day fishing was nice. I really did not catch to many fish though. I fished Anthony and really think that I that I hit it at a bad time. I found it to be a hard creek to get to and around. It was a beautiful creek. I did not see another fisherman. Maybe I'll get another chance to fish next week or early Sunday.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:21 PM

Default The Law of Unintended Consequences

OOPS...I posted on the wrong thread...sorry y'all

Last edited by ijsouth; 04-10-2008 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: wrong thread