Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM

Unhappy I need friends!!!!!

Okay- that sounds really desperate and lame. That's because it is. I moved to Knoxville recently from Spearfish, South Dakota. I got my degree and now it's my wife's turn, so here I am. I am not complaining, though. Knoxville is a wonderful place to live with lots of bluegrass and trout close by. Anyhow, I am no longer in school and have a very limited social network in Knoxville. (we moved here without knowing a soul) My wife goes to school at LMU and I work at a non-profit agency that caters to the elderly. I was working at a fly shop and as a guide in the Black Hills for four years up until the big move(www.flyfishsd.com). I have been fishing mostly on the Clinch as well as trips to the smokies and other tailwaters. Very good fishing and even better surroundings. I, however, am getting tired of fishing by my lonesome. My wife fly fishes, but works weekends. I just found this forum- and am blown away by the activity and the friendliness of its members. So, are there any individuals who want to fish with a super cool (and humble) guy from South Dakota in the near future? I am not a beginner so I am not looking for free guided trips, just someone to share this incurable addiction with. Thanks for any responses!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:58 PM

Earl:

You may wish to consider joing a TU Chapter....

Attend a few meeting and next thing you know you have a fishing buddy.

I don't always say TU is the answer, but in this case it just might work out.

AK Skim
Old 04-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Default Welcome

I would be more than willing to share a stream with you. I also would like to push our local FFF club as well as one of the three TU chapter's in our metro area. Little River TU in Maryville, TN or The Great Smoky Mountain Chapter in Knoxville, TN or the Clinch River Chapter in Clinton, TN.

As for our FFF club we will be meeting tomorrow at 7 PM at Doris Walker Academy on 1110 Hardin Valley Rd.

If you need more info feel free to email ahlstedt@knology.net
Old 04-07-2008, 04:34 PM

Earl,
I moved here from MN and I know what it is like to not know anyone in a new environment. Trust me when I say you will make some great friends on this forum. You can send me an email and let me know when your heading out fishing. I do have two young kids and a wife that lets me fish sparingly along with work, so I may not be able to join you a ton, but I'm sure we can get together sometime.
email me at flyfishjeep@hotmail.com
Enjoy the forum!
-Ben
Old 04-07-2008, 04:49 PM

I hear there is some good mule deer and antelope hunting around Spearfish. Hmmm.............. What do you want to know?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM

"I moved here from MN"
No Way! I grew up in Welch, went to school and played hockey in Hastings. Does Hay Creek ring a bell?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Welcome! First, I have to say that I am extremely jealous that you've spent that much time in the Black Hills. I've fished there three times now and would go back in a heartbeat, especially early in the season. Maybe even talked to you at that flyshop a time or two and if so, thanks for the advice given... Spearfish is a great little town and the canyon is awesome!

Anyway, give me a holler if you want to fish sometime. My email is below...

David Knapp
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-07-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Hockey and Fishing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlOfSoDak View Post
No Way! I grew up in Welch, went to school and played hockey in Hastings.
Earl!

Hockey!: Friday nights: Adult Open hockey at the Icearium at 9:10p. Send me an e-mail at petecz@charter.net and I can get you in touch with some folks if you are interested in playing on a team. There is a tournament at the end of May, if you are interested.

Fishing: FFF and TU are good ideas. Also, there are a few different guys I fish with from time to time (some that I even met on this board). I plan on fishing this friday (before hockey). You can join us if you'd like.

Charlie, are you out there? The Gorge is calling...Friday?

Ben, That makes three of us! I wonder how many others there are...

Welcome Earl!

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 04-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Hockey

Well- I sold all my goalie gear before I moved to Knoxville. I just assumed hockey was not here...regrets. I do have my goalie skates, though Also- my name is not Earl, but now I think it does sound better than Jamie. I was thinking more along the lines of "Sir Jamie, Earl of Kingston-upon-
Thames" when I made the misleading screen name. That's what I get for trying to be clever. Get called Earl
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Talking Yes Hockey!!

I think LRO will have to sponsor a team for us next year!!!

Earl (aka Jamie)-PeteCZ and I play hockey in the same league out in west knoxville. Pete is a sharpshooter and I am a goalie as you are. I played high school in St. Michael-Albertville and college hockey at Bethel. I just got new goalie pads. Pete has put a few marks on them already. You will have to gear up and come play when you can.

Hastings!-My roomie freshman year was from Hastings and was best friends with Ben Utech. Utech and I went to the same goalie camp for 4 years, and hung out at college. You also had the 3 guys who went and played at the U of M (names escape me) that were the top scoring line in MN high school history.

We will have to get together and swap stories when we can.

Hope to hear from ya!
-Ben