Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-13-2008, 06:06 PM

Default 20 Mile creek again.

I visited 20 mile again yesterday. I am starting to REALLY like that little creek. I walked to the bridge on 28 and started to fish there. Much to my surprise the creek was full of some kind of giant minnow. Hundreds of them as matter of fact and some looked to be 20 inches long. They were gold in color and had 2 black lines running the length of their body. I have caught many 2 to 3 inch minnows in the creeks around the house for bait that looked identical to these. I guess these were on steriods or something. They had made it up the creek until they came to about a 4 foot waterfall. I never caught a trout until I crossed over this fall and it was like a light switch was turned on. Not every pool held a fish willing to play my game but many did. The water was little high and stained a tea color and I never had a rise on a dry so it was back to the nymphs. I'm not sure how many I actually put to hand but that's not that important. The fight in these little fish is amazing. I had a ball with my little 3 weight and that's what makes it so enjoyable. I forgot my camera in the truck so I don't have any pictures this time sorry.