Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 AM

Default Angler Missing In Park

URGENT MESSAGE:

A fisherman is missing in the Park. He is driving a 1996 Green Ford F150 pickup truck. He is 6' tall, weighs 313 pounds, hair cut short, 48 years old and wearing a green ball cap, green shirt, and green zip off pants.

Our computer records show he was here and checked out at 12:10 pm yesterday and he was headed into the park to fish.

Please look closely at the rivers as you drive by. Vehicles are hard to see on the river banks. He may be in his vehicle or injured near the river bank.

Last edited by Byron Begley; 04-20-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Removed Name
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Mr. Garland's wife just called, they found him and he is fine. His truck broke down in the Park and of course there is no cell phone service so I guess he spent a long night there waiting for help and Mrs Garland spent a longer night waiting for him. I'm glad to hear this good news and I'm sure she is too.

Byron
Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 PM

Thanks goodness he's safe.

Plateau Angler and I almost spent the night stranded last night. My radiator somehow suddenly lost all its water and the engine overheated. The bad part is we were on a gravel road in the park that connects cataloochee to another gravel road going to big creek. Middle of nowhere I guess. we sat around for awhile, filled it up with water and decided to see how far we could get. I made it all the way back to knoxville, and still today, the radiator hasn't lost an ounce of water. How'd all the water get out of there yesterday
Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 AM

Byron,
Wow, I'm glad he's safe!

Smart move to post it here. With all the guys who go into the mountains fishing, having a few extra set of eyes looking out for the truck and for him sure could not have hurt.

Jeff
Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 AM

Now that the man is safe, I hope I can be forgiven for saying that at 6 foot, 300+ at least we know he wasn't attacked by a bear. We lost a travelling companion for a night on Abrams last year and, though I barely knew him at that point, the worry over the possibilities was stressful. I can't imagine the anxiety this fellow's family must have felt. Always a good thing to make sure someone knows your itinerary and that you stick to it just in case you run into trouble.