Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 PM

PA,
Glad to see you had some success in the "Forgotten Far East" and it's good to see that the yellow sallies are not to far off - definately one of my favorite hatches in the park by far...great pics too - I've got to replace mine here soon, I think its givin' out on me...
Pineman, good stuff as well..its good to see that people are able to get out and about as the fish are looking up and the bugs are getting thicker...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 AM

Pineman....I think you are right on about that first rainbow....that does not look like any wild bow I have ever caught in that river...looks more like something in the cooler at my local grocery....lots of fond memories of Porter's Creek....caught my first trout on a fly there almost 50 years ago....last fall I saw what must have been a 20" brown in a small pool just above and across the river from where you took that picture of the falls on Huskey's Branch....if I recall weren't you from Live Oak a few years back...I am stuck in Tallahassee and still have to make that drive you used to complain about....thanks for the report.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Default Live Oak, FL

Hello Rog1,

Your right, I lived in Live Oak, Fl from 1999-2004. Moved to Deland, FL after the 2004 hurricanes were done in FL. Stayed in Deland about 2 years then I decided I needed to move north before I got any older. Moved to West TN for a year, just south of Jackson, then a position opened up in East TN so I transferred last October. Took me a few jobs and moves to get here, but I made it and I am enjoying spring hatches in the Smokies. The only way I am moving now is in a box, LOL. Can't wait till after May 15th when wildfire season is done and the fishing will become a serious priority. Give me a shout when you get up this way and we'll do some fishing if you like.

Have fun!

Neal
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to sammcdonald Send a message via Yahoo to sammcdonald

pineman.....i went to stetson in de(ad)land
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Default Stetson

Sam,

I lived on Michigan Ave, in an old house that used to be owned by Stetson at one time. Right across from the historic Deland house. I miss Deland sometimes, it was a nice small town and I could walk five blocks and be uptown to drink a few beers or get some good food. The mountains drew me away though, and if go back it will be to visit friends.

Neal
Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 AM

Pineman..Neal...in reading your posts it looks like you are really into this area...my mother's family still lives in Sevierville and I began fishing up there when I was 13....I have followed some of your excursions and would be interested in exchanging some local knowledge with you sometime...if interested drop me a line at jwatson@flabar.org...Jim Watson....I will be in Elkmont the second week of June with my son Porter(there is a family connection to Porter's Creek) and my best friend from college...UF...and his two girls....if you are over that way please stop in and say hello...white suburband and Coleman Popup....will be in Section D.