Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 PM

One thing I can say...the hikers I've seen at Cosby are for the most part the serious type - not the typical tourist driving up from G'burg. I know exactly what you mean about Road Prong - at the crossings, you begin to feel like an exhibit at the zoo. My oldest loves that stream - however, she got in an argument with one obnoxious guy last year - this idiot didn't think any fish lived in there, which my daughter promptly disproved by catching a small trout. Then, he had the gaul to say "well, is that all that's in there - tiny fish?". I know it takes all types, but I'm glad I was upstream and out of earshot of all this - I don't have much patience with that amount of stupidity.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijsouth View Post
I know exactly what you mean about Road Prong - at the crossings, you begin to feel like an exhibit at the zoo.
That's part of the reason I try to fish a few pools above the third bridge as quickly as possible and preferably above the 4th bridge. You never even see another person...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 AM

Very true...and I'm pretty good at tuning them out when we do start out - it's just getting through those first few yards. It's a major reason why I've never fished Little River roadside...I just don't like the sensation of someone over my shoulder, whether it's work or fishing.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:19 PM

Is it worthwhile to take my mtn bike over to Cosby? I know I can't ride trails, but what's the road in and out of the park like?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 PM

It's a nice, smooth blacktop from the entrance on TN 32 all the way to the campground. You can avoid hitting dirt until you get to the back of the campground. The trails can get a bit rough in spots, and I suspect they get rougher the higher up you go.