Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM

Default What's happening on the Clinch?

I plan on fishing there soon and was wondering how strong the sulphur hatch is. How is the generation schedule on average--no generators?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 AM

Default Check Here

http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakein...bmit=View+info

Scroll down to the predicted section. If the next couple of days predicted outflow is similar to what they did today, you know the generation schedule will be similar.

Here is the latest anybody has posted:

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ad.php?t=10350

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 AM

I floated yesterday. There was a sulphur hatch coming off from about noon until I got off the river at about 7. Even though there was a hatch, I didn't get any strikes at my dry fly, every fish I took was on my dropper.

As generation goes, I'm not sure there is a real pattern, you just have to look at the schedule when it comes out the day before.

Good luck
Old 04-25-2008, 05:38 PM

I fished Tue. from 10:30 - 3:30 and brought atleast 30 fish to hand and all were good fish...above average for the Clinch in my opinion. One went from the bottom of the cork to about an inch below the first section of my 9' 4wt, 4 piece Sage Launch...around 24"s if I had to guess. Took about 15 minutes to get him in with 6x tippet. Had a couple of other fishermen offer to help net him but he finally tired out enough to bring him to my hand as I left my net in the car. The Sulphers were popping off sporadically and the fish were rising all day but my dry wasn't working so I ended up tying on a BHPT size 18 -20 and call all but 2 of the fish on it. What a day!!!

Also fished Wed. for a couple of hours, no fish rising and no bugs hatching but the BHPT was on again. Caught about the same number of fish but all were smaller in the 12-14 inch range...still fun!

Took Thur. off to do some work and returned again Fri. around 10:00 and fished untill 1:30 with only 1 fish for the day. Alot of other fishermen in the water and very few bugs.

Got one more day in town and was thinking about hitting high above Tremont. Any reports from that area?

What a week on the Clinch and I really would rather get my butt kicked than to go back to Mississippi and work. This is definately GOD'S country!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 AM

Where on Clinch?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 AM

The jail. Caught most of them a little up-stream from the Church, then walked way upstream around the bend and did well also. Back in MS now and can't wait for another trip...probably 2 weeks from now I will be back on the Clinch with my BHPT.

TE
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM

Default Clinch

Thanks for sharing the info I will be on the Clinch Thursday and its always good to have some recent intel.

The next time your up on the Clinch if your BHPT isn't on that day try a Olive Hares Ear. I have used this sucessfully and watched others as well be successful with it when nothing else was hot.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM

Thanks for the location info, I usually fish from the Dam to Miller's Island. Sounds like I need to get myself incarcerated.
Thanks again
Old 04-28-2008, 04:12 PM

Brook Fan,

You are absolutely correct about the Hare's Ear. On Friday when I was catching nothing, there was a guy behind me somewhat that was having some success on an Olive Hare's Ear...I didn't have one in my box and just couldn't bring myself to asking him for one so I let him have all the fun that day.

After all, days like I had on Tue. and Wed. were a once in a lifetime deal for a Mississippi boy so I just sat back and enjoyed the fun.