Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 05-24-2008, 04:02 PM

12"+ rainbow caught on the Holston on a barbie bug. 5-19-08
Old 05-24-2008, 04:37 PM

hey Ben....nice Bow!! I've tied that Barbie Bug in the jelly material that I found for the green weenie and the stocker browns up here seem to like it. If ya email me your address, I'll send ya a few to try....

God Bless & Good Fishing
Bob <*)))))))))))<
reg40@woh.rr.com
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Valiant Effort

OK, This is going to be ugly. If you saw my post on Sam's Creek under Smokies Fishing, you'll know that I took a dip in LR last week (not voluntarily) and soaked my bottom-of-the-line digital camera. I thought it had recovered but apparently the shutter is bogged down and doesn't close quickly enough. But since it's nearing the end of the month and I don't have time to run out and buy a new camera and be guaranteed of another fishing day, I'm going to post this pitiful little picture of a Sam's Creek brookie. Trust me, it was pretty.

Can you see it in there? Oh well, I've got my May post (assuming Fishermansfly gives me credit).

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 05-24-2008, 10:26 PM

I don't know Brett- It looks like a swim bait to me...
Old 05-25-2008, 02:47 AM

Default Valient Indeed!

NVR, I know you're a fly fisherman thru and thru ,but what'd you catch em on? Also, I had the same issue with my camera just two month's ago! Dropped it in the water, sent it off, and apparently all they had to do was re-align something inside...Now it takes some of the best macro shots I've ever seen it take! 20/20 the auto shot's are now a little shotty though! Might be worth sending it off!

Your pics in, just make sure to post the type of tackle used so I can seperate the spinners from the flyers. Or post a pic of the accompaning bait in the fishes mouth or lying on its body or generally in the picture, that way I can seperate them visually.

The picture is funny though because I'm a "picture looker" by nature. I always look for pictures before reading text. Any who, I could clearly make out that it was indeed a brookie before ever reading the accomp. post!

I wanna make it up there pretty bad guys but I'm afraid of the newly opened stream pressure! NVR we gotta hit up a stream soon buddy! I've also got a funny story for that stream. Dad and I fished that stream nearly 2 years ago when it was actually off limit's to fisherman...We didn't know that at the time, but I guess we really didn't do much harm because we didn't really catch a whole lot! Absolutely scerene though! It's a fantastic quick little hike and beautiful scenery!

Someone else left their fly out this month too...I didn't have time to post when I saw it, so thanks for the reminder! Don't forget that you don't have to be specific on what fly it is that your using just what type ie, dry, wet, nymph, emerger, rooster tail, popper, crank bait, etc... I know there are some folks out there who don't like to give up all there secrets!

Hutch I'm still in amazement of that freak of nature you caught!

Tight lines guys!
~Brett
Old 05-25-2008, 08:32 AM

Default Tackle for the glowing brookie

Brett,

I caught the Sam's Creek brookie on a #14 Elk Hair Caddis with an olive body. I'll try to do better next month.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 PM

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=100_1753.jpg

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=100_1756.jpg

two 12" wild stream browns and a foot long wild rainbow from same day

Last edited by bugg; 05-26-2008 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-28-2008, 12:13 AM

Default May baby!

Alright I'm back in the saddle this month...not that I ever got off but I'm least I'm putting up a picture this time!

Caught today, well yesterday now, 05-27-08. Caught this little bugger on a midge (on the fly!) and on the beloved Clinch river!

I will probably never in my life time figure that river out! Oh well! Saw several sulphurs hatching in the shade, also watched several rises to the sulphur's...Caught 5 in about 5 hours! 1 an hour stinks!!! Caught one nice fish and the rest were mere dinks! Plenty of guys on the water around 3pm guess everyone decided to take off work a couple hours early! Counted 13 guys wading in 2 in a boat all right by the jail! We left early and didn't stick around for the fall! Oh well, were headed to the Caney tomorrow for a drift..Hope it goes well and will report tomorrow!

I was trying to get a shot of Mauer's sick casting skills and it didn't quite work out...still a good picture.

~Brett
Old 05-31-2008, 02:07 AM

Default Mays Fish

Holston
Midge
Old 05-31-2008, 10:47 PM

I know I almost missed it but this bluegill is one of about 100 it seems that I caught on the Hiwassee this past month. All of these fish were caught in about 1-2 feet of water at the mouth of Sugar Creek near the Johnson's Bottom WMA if anyone if familiar with that part of the Hiwasee. It was some good fun on my little 3wt and the girlfriend didnt mind going either.