Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 AM

Default Results to follow sometime tomorrow!

Troutman....Just in case no one else noticed Troutman changed his small fish to another small fish....Gary you don't have to tell us we are already aware you don't catch much but what you do catch is always small! Gary, I've seen you lurking the photoshop forums! Don't get any crazy ideas! I'll be waiting to see what follows!

I'll post the results tomorrow guys...it's late and I'm tired! Tomorrow I promise! Oh and before I forget...I could really use some help on Microsoft spread sheet! It's been forever since I've used it and for some reason I'm having trouble accessing the good version on my computer. I'm wanting to basically simplify this result's posting by putting it in a calander type form and putting hash marks for the months that person caught a fish! Anyone out there who is good w/Spread Sheets, shoot me an email and I'll try and vent my idea to you! Thanks in advance!

~Brett
Old 06-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Default Thanks

Brett,

I, for one, want to thank you for getting this started. It's been a lot of fun just three months into the deal. I was just looking and you've had 120 posts in the three month and that's 120 posts with no debates - just good fun. And don't give Gary a hard time - he's doing the best he can. We all know size doesn't matter.

Thanks again, Brett. Great idea.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 06-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I'll try to do better this month. Maybe we should start a "Dink Fish of the Month" thread, I'll have plenty of pictures to choose from for it!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I'll try to do better this month. Maybe we should start a "Dink Fish of the Month" thread, I'll have plenty of pictures to choose from for it!
Now, that would be a contest I could win!

Jef
Old 06-02-2008, 02:47 AM

Thumbs up Results! Hope this works!

I'm gonna need some suggestions on a few things tonight...I say we include every one in this one sheet, spin and fly fishers alike?! What do you all think? Everything stays the same I just lump everyone together! If everyone is alright with it I'll leave it be...if not to be afraid to voice your opinion on it,,,my crossed eyes will only hate you for a little while! I'm only joking, but man did that take a little work to get everyone on the spreadsheet! I can't quite remember how to re-arrange the cells to put em in alphabetical order! If you cut and paste it deletes stuff, what gives...It's late, I'm tired, and I'll rehash this tomorrow! For now there are the results with everyone lumped in together! It's all about us looking at those pretty fish anywho!

Awesome participation guys!
~Brett
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Wink

Brett,
Shoot it to me in an email and I will see if I can help.

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Default Buckeye

Bob- I received the flies the other day, sorry for not posting sooner.
I really like the one with the flash wrapped in it. I will be trying it out on the Clinch tomorrow morning and I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again,
Ben
Old 06-03-2008, 03:19 AM

I couldnt sleep when I got off work tonight and played around with this in Excel. I have it organized into some other topics but it is really hard to display them. I can email you the file and I dont mind helping you with it because I like using Excel
Old 06-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimmyC

Awesome chart! Don't forget my April fish!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:49 PM

Default test

Alright this is one of the final drafts to this whole excel, make life easier, spreadsheets! I'm not real sure on the make life easier deal, seeing as I was at the helm of my laptop for 6 very long hours last night trying to put this whole thing together. I hope it looks good! I took the privelidge of adapting the warm water/cold water idea from mmorgan and applied it to this one. I altered it just slightly so that it would make a little more sense...Though I don't think I've got it 100% right! As far as the X's are concerned I hope I have that right! If I don't please let me know and I'll try and fix it...Bare with me guys once it's right it should be a breeze next month and make this whole thing a little more relaxed.

I thought the warm/cold water thing was a good idea because it will give new member's an idea of who they need to talk with about catching a certain species. However, there is a kink with that...If you post more than one picture as Mjenki14 did, then the question remains "Which picture do I apply towards the results listing?" Small kink, but a kink non the less!

Thanks ALflygirl for getting me started/motivated, and mmorgan for the great idea.

Also, now would be a good time to give your opinion on the worksheet if you don't like something on it...That way I don't go having to change it next month, all I will have to do is add to it!
~Brett

Last edited by Fishermansfly; 06-04-2008 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: I'm done!