Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Default Hazel Trip Tomorrow

Going solo to Hazel tomorrow. Will be at #85 for Sat night. Going up to #83 for Sun, Mon, Tue, night. Wish me luck. My buddy is supposed to join up with me for Sat and Sun evening after that I'm solo. Never done this before so I'll let you all know when I come back sometimes Wednesday.

See ya.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Be careful, have fun, and stay dry tomorrow night...looks like a lot of rain heading that way.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5
Default Be safe

Heading down into 53 until Wednesday myself, with a friend, and another friend coming Monday Morning. I guess I'll be thinking how I am not the only lunatic out in the rain....Best of Luck
Old 05-10-2008, 05:23 AM

Postponing, this, due to some bad rain chances tomorrow and some other issues came up. Maybe next time.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 AM

Hans, If you still wanna go fishing in the Park today give me a call on my cell. Tried to call yours, but got VM.

Neal
Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Speckleman5 Send a message via Yahoo to Speckleman5
Default ...

Then I guess I will be the only Idiot in the park this the beginning of next week....Hope everyone has some action.....I'll report and post some pics on Wednesday or Thursday
Old 05-10-2008, 10:56 PM

We have a small group going in tomorrow or Monday, staying at 86 and 85. May see you around. May we have clear water and hungry fish.....
Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Spent 4 days on Hazel this week, Sunday through Wednesday.Fished from the Lake up to Bone Valley. Rained a lot Sunday evening and was overcast and cool Monday with the water a little cloudy in the morning and flow was up some. The fish were very uncooperative Monday but picked up with the sunshine on Tuesday. Three of us caught several Bows and Browns Tuesday up Bone Valley and around Site 83. Very little Top water action, mainly used BH Nymphs 14-18 and midges. Had a little dry luck right before dark on Tuesday using Yellow Caddis and Sulphur Duns. Lots of action around the confluence of Bone Valley and Old House Branch just above the crossing. Also lots of action above 83 at Cold Spring and Hazel.
Very little pressure all 4 days, only saw 6 fisherman and 3 of them were coming down from 82 on their way out. Met a couple of guys from Cinncinnatti at the Fly shop heading into Eagle Creek Monday morning. If either of you guys are on here, I would love to hear how you did.