Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Default Crappie are still deep

Seems the rain and odd weather patterns (frost in May) have the Crappie still a little deeper than normal in Southern VA this time of year. I caught a couple of dinks yesterday on my 4 Wt. and a #14 BHPT.--Bran

Old 05-08-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran View Post
Seems the rain and odd weather patterns (frost in May) have the Crappie still a little deeper than normal in Southern VA this time of year. I caught a couple of dinks yesterday on my 4 Wt. and a #14 BHPT.--Bran

Nice pics! The bluegills have moved up real shallow on the Hiwassee river. I went back in a cove and saw hundreds of huge schools of bluegills. They were getting ready to spawn cause they were making the water really muddy from stirring up all of the silt on the bottom. I have to go home again this weekend and will be bringing the 3wt and some small poppers and hope to make a day out of it.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:22 AM

Now that sounds like fun! I haven't caught many Bream yet, still a little cold on this side of the Blue Ridge, won't be long though.
One of my friends called this morning, they were on the river till 2 this morning and caught 3 citation Catfish and seevral others. A citation is over 25 lbs but theirs were 33 to 43 pounds.