Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-10-2008, 10:49 PM

Default Seagull attacks Clinch ( photo proof)

Report of a "Seagull" attacking the Clinch today. This LRO BB member attacked the Clinch with his famous Christmas Bugger about 40-50x today. Okay, so he used a dry fly for 3 of those fish. I was neck and neck but with #14 flashbacks, #15 cripples, and when I got totally crazy I caught fish on the "non-hatch". A #15 sulphur colored x-caddis with a brown shuck. My son also joined in on the fun. He went to the dark side and begged a bugger off the Seagull, and had to swear an oath that Jerry Garcia was a lousy guitar player!! Ohh the wrath of the bugger miester!

BTW. Congrats to TWRA. Some of the nicer bows I have caught in awhile, including a bonified measured brookie of 12 inches!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 AM

Default Excellent

Thanks for the report. This river is fishing as good as I remember from back in the mid-90's, and I am loving it. It sure is good to see it returning to a quality water once again. I am planning another trip monday evening to try and get back in on the action. Great job TWRA, I don't see how anybody can argue with the effectiveness of this change.

I recall May being the prime time for sulfurs back in the good ole' days, with it tailing off in June. Am I correct in this recollection?

Travis

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 05-11-2008, 10:06 AM

Default two more weeks

.....and then it should start to slow down on the actual hatch, but of course varies due to weather, temps. Of course after a steady diet of sulphurs they will hit them for awhile longer.

Good luck.

ChemE........looked at your blog. Nice job. Hopefully one day you get to look down the river and see your son casting better than you can.