Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-11-2008, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite
Default the little

Took some folks fishing saturday and endedu up having to go to the little. The west wp little wipgeon was really blown out, but the little was in suprisingly good shape. The fishing was good, but what was really amazing was the tree damage! Huge trees blown over roots and all. Giant limbs all over the forest floors. And then there were the leaves. The roads and signs looked as if someone sprayed cole slaw all over them. I must give the park service guys a real pat on the back however. By 8:30 they had all but a few of the trees chopped up and out of the roads, and i know down by gatilinburg there were alot of trees they had to move. By the way did anyone see the hail? Wears valley had like 2 inches of hail in places. It was just piled up! Crazy TN weather..
Old 05-11-2008, 10:43 AM

I was in my 14 ft aluminum boat during all that. Thought I wasn't gonna get back to the ramp there for minute with just the trolling motor.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 PM

I was on patrol in G-Burg Friday night and it was quite a storm. 10-15 minutes of dime sized hail, a textbook flash flood, and all the problems that go with it ( clogged drains, trees down, etc. ). It was actually pretty cool we needed some rain.