Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-18-2008, 11:21 PM

Default Pond fishing

I went back home to East Tennessee (I live in Spring Hill) and fished my Uncle's farm pond Saturday evening.

I had a great time. I started with a tan wooly bugger with some decent success. I noticed a lot of slaps all along the shore line and decided to switch to a white foam popper. It's the first time I've actually really tried for bass with a fly rod and I had a great time. I landed about 6 large mouth bass on the popper and a couple blue gill gave it try too. The bluegills actually fought more than the bass I thought.

Any way...I had a great time and look forward to going back when we get back home.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
The bluegills actually fought more than the bass I thought
A nice fat farm pond bluegill is one of the most fun fish to catch. I agree, it seems a 9" bluegill will put up a better fight than a 14" bass.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Sounds like fun! One of our friends offered up today that he has a pond on his land that he caught several bass and bluegill out of this weekend. My only question was "when can we come over??"
Old 05-22-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALflygirl View Post
Sounds like fun! One of our friends offered up today that he has a pond on his land that he caught several bass and bluegill out of this weekend. My only question was "when can we come over??"
There you gal, time to see how good a friend that is Bass & bluegill will keep me entertained all day, still one of the most fun fishing adventures ever

Grumpy